Malik Heath finds his landing spot…

Aug 28, 2018
It's kinda like leaving a successful marriage abruptly, then getting engaged to someone else and saying you're extremely thankful to have the opportunity of being married.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I’m sure the response to that tweet is going well.

Sep 9, 2012
I’m just here to watch the OM fans backtrack after calling him a POS thug for the bowl game fight. Now he will magically become an upstanding citizen because he wears red and blue.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Rosebowl had the nads to come on Jake Whim's show and say that Malik had told Leach he was going to the NFL. After the car wreck, Malik decided he wanted to come back but, "his spot was given away." I suspect (hope) that's a huge load of BS, but if true and Leach can't/won't find a scholly for someone with Malik's talent, then we are in serious trouble.

PCHSDawg

Nov 12, 2014
Rosebowl had the nads to come on Jake Whim's show and say that Malik had told Leach he was going to the NFL. After the car wreck, Malik decided he wanted to come back but, "his spot was given away." I suspect (hope) that's a huge load of BS, but if true and Leach can't/won't find a scholly for someone with Malik's talent, then we are in serious trouble.
I'm pretty sure if he doesn't have a spot it's because he hasn't earned one.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
He's no Makai Polk that's the hardest truth. We signed guys that we believe can develop further than he did. He's a good college receiver though and I wish him the best of luck next year. It will be his last.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm pretty sure if he doesn't have a spot it's because he hasn't earned one.

Son, talent earns you a spot and he has that in spades. He was 3rd on the team in TDs and lead the team in YPC (of those who caught 20 balls or more). He may have been a head case and may have been lazy (IDK?), but likely our 2nd best returning WR (behind Walley).

gwadSIG

Aug 30, 2017

Before RaRa Thomas got hurt, he was ahead of him on the depth chart. And Steve has been extremely critical of this staff lately when he normally totes the water. What did they do to piss him off?

PCHSDawg

Nov 12, 2014
Son, talent earns you a spot and he has that in spades. He was 3rd on the team in TDs and lead the team in YPC (of those who caught 20 balls or more). He may have been a head case and may have been lazy (IDK?), but likely our 2nd best returning WR (behind Walley).
Evidently talent doesn't earn you a spot, because he didn't have one...and if you're not pushing 80 you ain't old enough to call me son.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I can see you now bro - kickin on the square every weekend!

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
If he told Leach he was gone and Leach filled the roster spot then why should anyone be surprised there was no room for him when he changed his mind? It's not complicated and I'm with Leach on this one.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
We need to purge every clown from this team and let's face it, Heath was a clown. Great talent, could have been a great player, but he was a clown. Maybe he puts it together at Ole Miss but he wasn't going to do it at State. He had just run his course here, and Leach doesn't really put up with the clownshow.

The primadonna goofball crap has never really played here, let's face it. Some coaches in the past have been decent about controlling it (King Jackie) but even he let it get out of control. Slopface obviously did the same, in short order. Leach is like Mullen, he's not going to have those guys in his program, even if it means sacrificing winning.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009

He was third on the depth chart at X behind Tulu and RaRa and only continued getting the reps he did because each of those two guys ahead were banged up at times down the stretch.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We need to purge every clown from this team and let's face it, Heath was a clown. Great talent, could have been a great player, but he was a clown. Maybe he puts it together at Ole Miss but he wasn't going to do it at State. He had just run his course here, and Leach doesn't really put up with the clownshow.

The primadonna goofball crap has never really played here, let's face it. Some coaches in the past have been decent about controlling it (King Jackie) but even he let it get out of control. Slopface obviously did the same, in short order. Leach is like Mullen, he's not going to have those guys in his program, even if it means sacrificing winning.

Herein lies the story of Mr. Hill's early departure. Leach will cut a good player if they are too arrogant and selfish. Without a second thought.

Aug 28, 2018
I'm with you here. If Leach (or any coach) can go out and get a guy with equal talent+4 yrs to play after a super Sr. tells him he's gone, I'm all for it. His production can be replaced. OM can thank a car wreck for getting him, otherwise he'd be at D1 trying to improve his low chance draft stock.

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
Do whatever you want I guess...

but you are a rebel now. I hope you get an education.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login