Many of you probably read brother Bobby's stuff...

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Before the days of outdoor channel and YouTube, I had Feild & Stream and your brother to give me my hunting fix.

Sorry for your loss Mr. Cleveland.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Praying for you and the family. We are blessed to have friends and family that God shares with us. I am sorry you lost your best friend and brother.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Spectacular tribute! He’s fortunate to have had a brother as close as you. The fact that you can capture that relationship with written word is a gift.

bbqbully

Sep 14, 2008
I got to know Bobby through MBN barbecue and his contest at the Rez. He and I traveled to several contests together and I always looked forward to his stories. He was a good man and a good friend. I will miss him.

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
Great article. My brothers are my best friends too so I can relate and I also appreciate what you put into this work. Praying for you and your family.

Jul 5, 2020
What a beautiful tribute to a pillar of the Mississippi journalism community. Like the reader in your anecdote, I read Bobby no matter whether I was in to fishing for crappie/bass or bowhunting whitetail that season. He was a good one. Thank you, Rick.

skip dog

Nov 15, 2005
Things that I will miss from my child hood and days of clarion ledger:
1. Lewis Grizzard's column
2. Bobby Cleveland's column/writings

I am so sorry for y'all's loss, but forever grateful that y'all shared your talents the way you did

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Some other things Bobby loved: sunrise, his sweet Mama, dogs, Bloody Marys, anything John Prine wrote and sang, pranks, The Big Lebowski, anchovies, Pink Floyd, olympic curling, Thai food (Thai hot), puzzles of any kind, tequila, oysters, telling stories, sunset and good friends of which he had so many.

After reading this I can tell Bobby and I would've gotten along great. Are used to love reading his column he will be greatly missed.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login