Marcus Lattimore on being impressed with Shane Beamer

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
I could care less about Lattimore's opinion....Let him stay in Oregon and spout all the venom he wants....He's turned a lot of people off in South Carolina, more so in the Upstate with his political BS...

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
He was the one who spearheaded changing the name of James F Byrnes High School....there were about 100 people who sided with Lattimore and about 50K who said ABSOLUTELY NOT....he would be booed at Nixon Field...I read a lot of the comments, and folks from other schools did not like it, namely Greer, Spartanburg, Dorman, Gaffney, JL Mann...our rivals want things to remain as they are....Upstate SC is football crazed and tampering with traditions and name changes are not highly thought of....Lattimore should stay out of political correctness...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Maccmaine12

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
It’s a bad thing to speak up for what you believe in? If it’s not distasteful, racist, harmful, or disrespectful I don’t see the problem. It’s call respecting ppl and the freedom of speech.
I respect people's right to speak. I also respect people's right to reject what is said. I also respect people's right not to be bothered.

RAtheOLcoach

Jan 20, 2022
It’s a bad thing to speak up for what you believe in? If it’s not distasteful, racist, harmful, or disrespectful I don’t see the problem. It’s call respecting ppl and the freedom of speech.
It’s a bad thing to speak up if what you believe in is bad. Yes.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Love Marcus as a Gamecock. I've compartmentalized the other stuff, like the nonsense they accused the Nebraska police of.
Well, he's shown his true colors...he is entitled to his opinion...and a lot of people, myself included could care less what he has to say...

He's burnt his bridge with the PC, and the lies about the Nebraska police...AGAIN, he's shown his true colors...

Reactions: RAtheOLcoach

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
He was the one who spearheaded changing the name of James F Byrnes High School....there were about 100 people who sided with Lattimore and about 50K who said ABSOLUTELY NOT....he would be booed at Nixon Field...I read a lot of the comments, and folks from other schools did not like it, namely Greer, Spartanburg, Dorman, Gaffney, JL Mann...our rivals want things to remain as they are....Upstate SC is football crazed and tampering with traditions and name changes are not highly thought of....Lattimore should stay out of political correctness...
Greer folks agreed with Byrnes? Wow have times changed. We could give an eff about whatever bad happened to Byrnes....and usually wished the worst for them. I'm disappointed in my Greer brethren.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Greer folks agreed with Byrnes? Wow have times changed. We could give an eff about whatever bad happened to Byrnes....and usually wished the worst for them. I'm disappointed in my Greer brethren.
I'm from Greer...it was on twitter a couple of years ago, you may still be able to find it...Folks were writing in from all over the upstate...JF Byrnes is one of the marquee names ( if not the marquee name) in the upstate when it comes to athletics...I'm not taking just football but overall athletic programs....at this point he would be more welcomed at Greer than Byrnes....

Jan 18, 2022
Well, he's shown his true colors...he is entitled to his opinion...and a lot of people, myself included could care less what he has to say...

He's burnt his bridge with the PC, and the lies about the Nebraska police...AGAIN, he's shown his true colors...

:rolleyes:

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
I'm from Greer...it was on twitter a couple of years ago, you may still be able to find it...Folks were writing in from all over the upstate...JF Byrnes is one of the marquee names ( if not the marquee name) in the upstate when it comes to athletics...I'm not taking just football but overall athletic programs....at this point he would be more welcomed at Greer than Byrnes....
I don't disbelieve you. But that would have never happened in the 1970s when both were in the old Peach Blossom Conference. There was an animosity between the two schools that, honestly, bordered on the ridiculous. It used to be joked that the safest place in either stadium when the two teams played was on the field. In the mid- to late-seventies, there were always fights in the seats and a couple of stabbings. Mine was a tongue-in-cheek reference to those days.

Reactions: Forkcock
Jan 21, 2022
Lost in thread, is what kind of coach Beamer is and how he will do well at Carolina if fans can get passed that Tanner hired him... I'm excited to see what Paris will do as well... I do think we may see a new baseball coach after this season, unless things turn around...

Reactions: gamecock stock

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Lost in thread, is what kind of coach Beamer is and how he will do well at Carolina if fans can get passed that Tanner hired him... I'm excited to see what Paris will do as well... I do think we may see a new baseball coach after this season, unless things turn around...
I agree totally with this post.

I believe that Shane and Lamont have the potential to do for football and men's basketball what Dawn has done for women's basketball. I really, really do.

I keep up with politics. And I dare to say that my politics probably puts me on the side of about 40% of Gamecock fans. And that's OK with me. I totally believe in free speech. But, I wish there was a board or outlet where people could spout their political BS (on BOTH sides) and just leave sports boards alone. Sports can bring people together, to a certain extent.....just not absolutely. But, it's still closer than politics.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

Partially agree. Shane has given us reason for hope by grossly overachieving this year. Paris is still a total unknown. Of course we all hope he'll do great things here, but there's not really anything to judge him on yet. If he can convince GG to come here, that'll be a big tell that he can recruit.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I think if Kingston is gone after this year, it's because he resigned of his own accord.

Now unless this season turns around, or 2023 is a duplicate of when we've seen so far, then yes, a new coach for 2024.

RAtheOLcoach

Jan 20, 2022
I really don’t know what Marcus have going on because it’s none of my business. But from the comments it look like it’s not bad.
I never said a word about Marcus. I will say at one time I read something where he supported the BLM group.

Game...Cocks

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
Love Marcus as a Gamecock. I've compartmentalized the other stuff, like the nonsense they accused the Nebraska police of.

Marcus Lattimore got pulled for speeding and not moving over to give more space to a trooper who had stopped another person. The Nebraska police then sent a drug dawg to sniff out the car. But why?

Marcus Lattimore was driving through a strange state, so how should he know about the Move Over law? Some people say it's dangerous for everyone to change lanes for every stopped trooper. That is a minor violation for sure, and he was from out of state. I also doubt he was speeding much when passing a stopped cop. He's not stupid. With 2 people pulled, it seems like a probable speed trap, right? In the end Marcus did not have drugs so the police were demonstrably wrong with the K9 search.

I am gonna trust Lattimore over some random cops in Nebraska who we don't know. I wonder why somebody on here wouldn't trust him? He was always a stand-up individual with integrity.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
In the early '90s, I was driving on Long Island, NY when I got pulled over for making an unauthorized right turn on red.

I explained to the officer that I did not see the sign. He pointed to the location - near where you would expect to see a STOP sign, not adjacent to the overhead traffic light, which is all I'd ever seen in my life. I explained this (politely, of course - I had SC tags at the time), and was let go.

Analogous to Nebraska's move over law, I guess.

Last edited:

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Marcus Lattimore got pulled for speeding and not moving over to give more space to a trooper who had stopped another person. The Nebraska police then sent a drug dawg to sniff out the car. But why?

Marcus Lattimore was driving through a strange state, so how should he know about the Move Over law? Some people say it's dangerous for everyone to change lanes for every stopped trooper. That is a minor violation for sure, and he was from out of state. I also doubt he was speeding much when passing a stopped cop. He's not stupid. With 2 people pulled, it seems like a probable speed trap, right? In the end Marcus did not have drugs so the police were demonstrably wrong with the K9 search.

I am gonna trust Lattimore over some random cops in Nebraska who we don't know. I wonder why somebody on here wouldn't trust him? He was always a stand-up individual with integr
Everybody is entitled to their opinion....I just don't think it's important to hear what he has to say...Just ask the fans at JF Byrnes High School what they think...Of course you would not care just like I don't care what he has to say...

Reactions: York cock

Game...Cocks

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
In the early '90s, I was driving on Long Island, NY when I got pulled over for making an unauthorized right turn on red.

I explained to the officer that I did not see the sign. He pointed to the location - near where you would expect to see a STOP sign, not adjacent to the overhead traffic light, which is all I'd ever seen in my life. I explained this (politely, of course - I had SC tags at the time), and was let go.

The analogy ends where you were let go without being searched for drugs.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022

The analogy ends where you were let go without being searched for drugs.

I guess I don't fit the profile. Profiling can be abused. Don't defund law enforcement agencies, but restructure and retrain the officers as needed. We all benefit from sophisticated, intelligent profiling - helps keep airports and airplanes safe. Sounds like Marcus may have been the victim of unsophisticated, unintelligent profiling.

After my wife and I crossed the Rainbow Bridge (the real one, connecting Niagara Falls, ON with Niagara Falls, NY) on Canada Day 2016 and my wife handed the US border inspector her Passport folder and out popped a $5.00 bill, the guard realized it was just clumsiness on our part and kindly handed the $5.00 back to her.

Game...Cocks

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
I guess I don't fit the profile. Profiling can be abused. Don't defund law enforcement agencies, but restructure and retrain the officers as needed. We all benefit from sophisticated, intelligent profiling - helps keep airports and airplanes safe. Sounds like Marcus may have been the victim of unsophisticated, unintelligent profiling.

After my wife and I crossed the Rainbow Bridge (the real one, connecting Niagara Falls, ON with Niagara Falls, NY) on Canada Day 2016 and my wife handed the US border inspector her Passport folder and out popped a $5.00 bill, the guard realized it was just clumsiness on our part and kindly handed the $5.00 back to her.
Well-reasoned post.

Because you mentioned defunding, I will share my take on that term and idea:
When a government greatly increases funding for something every year for decades (like the police) while keeping the funds for other programs constant or negligibly increased (like schools), then they are defunding the schools. People are encouraged to rebalance their 401k annually. This should be the case for any government.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Well-reasoned post.

When a government greatly increases funding for something every year for decades (like the police) while keeping the funds for other programs constant or negligibly increased (like schools), then they are defunding the schools. People are encouraged to rebalance their 401k annually. This should be the case for any government.
Now that's an interesting way to look at it.

TheRoo

Joined Nov 3, 2021
Feb 6, 2022
Well-reasoned post.

Our government continues to rake in record tax revenue each year. On top of that, they decided to double the money supply behind our back in just over a decade. There honestly shouldn't be a need to rebalance.

Game...Cocks

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
Our government continues to rake in record tax revenue each year. On top of that, they decided to double the money supply behind our back in just over a decade. There honestly shouldn't be a need to rebalance.
Shouldn't is not the same thing as isn't.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login