Mark Jones....

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
I cringe every time he is on the call of any game I'm watching. Two things you can 100% count on with him 1) a history lesson on race 2) him using big words where small ones are needed (know your audience). To be clear there is nothing wrong with a history lesson, just don't like them in the middle of my football game.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
And ESPN can't fire him. So he's relegated to the worst assignments (which means he does too many of our games).

In the beginning years of ESPN it was easy for them to encourage broadcasters to improve or leave willingly. They simply sent them to cover the Iditarod Dog Sled racing in Alaska, ice fishing tournaments on the Great Lakes, Marathon des Sables in Morocco (6 day 160 mile endurance race in the desert of Morocco) I don't see Mark Jones agreeing to any of those assignments.......

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
In the beginning years of ESPN it was easy for them to encourage broadcasters to improve or leave willingly. They simply sent them to cover the Iditarod Dog Sled racing in Alaska, ice fishing tournaments on the Great Lakes, Marathon des Sables in Morocco (6 day 160 mile endurance race in the desert of Morocco) I don't see Mark Jones agreeing to any of those assignments.......
In ESPN's defense, witnessing the Mississippi State vs Arkansas football game and not being a fan of either school was likely worse than having bamboo shoots jambed under your fingernails, while sitting in a bed of fire ants with a taint soaked in honey, and listening to Kenny Chesney ear rape a Jimmy Buffett song on SiriusXM No Shoes Radio.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I cringe every time he is on the call of any game I'm watching. Two things you can 100% count on with him 1) a history lesson on race 2) him using big words where small ones are needed (know your audience). To be clear there is nothing wrong with a history lesson, just don't like them in the middle of my football game.
Mark Jones > Tom Hart

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Side conversation: I enjoyed watching that stuff on espn back in the day. Of course I’m not often home to watch whatever is on tv during the day anymore so it really doesn’t matter, but I guess the cost of covering those is a lot higher than filming two idiots talk to themselves for an hour.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Side conversation: I enjoyed watching that stuff on espn back in the day. Of course I’m not often home to watch whatever is on tv during the day anymore so it really doesn’t matter, but I guess the cost of covering those is a lot higher than filming two idiots talk to themselves for an hour.
Yeah, all ESPN daytime consists of now is show after show of idiots trying to out-hottake each other and arguing with each other about it. I get plenty of that here.**

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login