Marriage of Convenience: Oregon State & Wazzu to the West Coast?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
They should have went with baseball too. Looks like a pretty decent baseball conference.

Again though, why aren't these teams in the Big 12 yet? They are known, 'name', state-school P5 reputation programs. You can't tell me they wouldn't help the stature of that conference. Big 12 is not going to find anybody better. Stanford and Cal already said no.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They should have went with baseball too. Looks like a pretty decent baseball conference.

Again though, why aren't these teams in the Big 12 yet? They are known, 'name', state-school P5 reputation programs. You can't tell me they wouldn't help the stature of that conference. Big 12 is not going to find anybody better. Stanford and Cal already said no.
I don’t see either one adding enough to the Big 12 to offset the additional travel (900 miles from closest Big 12 school) & additional 2 schools to split revenue with.

Reactions: Dawgg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t see either one adding enough to the Big 12 to offset the additional travel (900 miles from closest Big 12 school) & additional 2 schools to split revenue with.
Probably not, but the SEC and B1G are headed for 20 teams. The race is on for the Big 12 and ACC to be viable candidates to be the second tier and still somewhat of a peer to the first tier, or at minimum, a solid P5 conference. If I were the Big 12, I'd get a head start on that. They have been aggressive up to this point, why not go further. Wazzou and Oregon State are great brands to grab that won't be stolen by the SEC/B1G.

I'd go further. I'd get them and probably try to jump out to 20. I would imagine that it will be the ACC that gets raided by the B1G and SEC, and you know West Virginia, UCF and Cincinnati would love to get that ACC invite at that time. So the Big 12 should be ready. I'd probably have already added Boise State and Colorado State, then have San Diego State, UNLV and somebody else on high alert. I'd probably try and get SMU in the fold, but I doubt that's possible, they sold their soul for the ACC (not sure where the Big 12 was here?)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login