Massive game next week: Buffalo @ Miami

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
If my maths is correct:
  • Winner is the AFC 2-seed.
  • Miami would fall to the 6-seed with a loss.
  • Buffalo could fall out of the playoffs altogether with a loss.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Sounds like Chubb for Miami might have torn his ACL. That’s a massive loss for their defense.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
That’s probably your SNF season finale next week.

Houston at Indy is going to be a huge game too. Both 9-7, both alive for both the division (if the Jags lose next week) and/or the Wild Card. And those were supposed to be two of the worst teams in the NFL this year.

Nov 29, 2017
As a longtime Dolphins fan, I’m not surprised one bit. Might actually be better for them to lose imo. If they beat Buffalo and the Steelers lose, they will have to play the Bills again in the playoffs, but if the phins lose they will go to KC. The Bills can be eliminated with them losing and the Steelers winning though.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
As a longtime Dolphins fan, I’m not surprised one bit. Might actually be better for them to lose imo. If they beat Buffalo and the Steelers lose, they will have to play the Bills again in the playoffs, but if the phins lose they will go to KC. The Bills can be eliminated with them losing and the Steelers winning though.

Steelers are playing Baltimore who will likely be resting starters, and even though KC is a little down I would still want no part of Mahomes at Arrowhead in January. I think you’d rather be the 2 than the 6.

Reactions: patdog

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Sounds like Chubb for Miami might have torn his ACL. That’s a massive loss for their defense.
Huge loss… especially since they lost Jaelan Phillips earlier this season. Xavien Howard also went out today with a foot. I’m a dolphins fan, I like this team and what they were before injuries but it feels like it’s too much to overcome at this point.

I didn’t expect them to win today but a pretty disappointing effort in that game.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I get your point and actually had that thought earlier but winning keeps Miami at home and not playing Baltimore until at least the AFC championship. I don’t want to have to play Buffalo 2 weeks in a row but being the 6 seed all but guarantees a trip to Baltimore in the divisional round.

I’m not sure any of it matters. I think the dolphins are too beat up to make a legit run at a Super Bowl but the chances are better for a deeper run with the 2 seed.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login