Masters is off the list

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Alright, yes, it's ANWA Saturday, but...my wife won the ticket lottery and got tix for today. 2 tix. I didn't want to close up shop because masters week starting today through Monday following the final round is like Christmas here. I did want to take in the sights and visit the shop though.

I pulled in at 5 AM. I was about 40 in line. I got outed...someone says "hey, you're that guy from that store up in Riverwood." Hah...never would I ever think I could be even locally recognized. It was cold. We were all being nice and single file that line. Then they opened the gates to prepare us....and suddenly what was single file was 20 wide. Gee, I've been in this sort of scenario before.

They let us in "up to the tunnel". Then they let us in 25 minutes late (supposed to have been 7). Walk through drug dogs...walk through metal detectors, and a whole slew of women who have zero clue how that functions.

It was a longer walk to the shop than I thought. Speed walkers and the occasional short skirt overdone women would fly by, I'm not that fast freshman from State in the 80s. Rounding into the shop, I wanted to grab a couple of certain things. Beyond that, I absorbed. I saw these ugly jute shopping bags that I see every year getting sent out. There are crazy people grabbing full racks of things like it's Black Friday.

I didn't see anything in there that was a "must", although the cuff links were tempting. I saw them close off access to the store, guess I'm glad I was early. It was pretty packed, not the worst event I've been to for that. Checked out, offered a kidney to pay for the goods. Went to concessions to see if the food was fantastic. 1.50 for a sandwich, pimento cheese or egg salad. It's raved about because of the price, I make a better one and don't use white bread (haha).

Scenery is great, they forced the azaleas to bloom last weekend. It's hilly, that I knew. I'm sad I couldn't bring a camera inside. Got out in time to meet my wife and son to switch off my badge, they are the golf fans/players and will enjoy the golf side of things today.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I don't even like golf but the Augusta National is sports mixed with landscape art. It's like being in the Shire.

The Pro shop is overrated to me, but again I've lived here most of my life. I understand the appeal & prestige of the logo and how rare it is to acquire.

I'm never out your way to stop by your shop, but I still plan on dropping in if I am.

Congrats on your local celebrity status!

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I don't even like golf but the Augusta National is sports mixed with landscape art. It's like being in the Shire.

The Pro shop is overrated to me, but again I've lived here most of my life. I understand the appeal & prestige of the logo and how rare it is to acquire.

I'm never out your way to stop by your shop, but I still plan on dropping in if I am.

Congrats on your local celebrity status!
I have an even lower opinion now of seeing that logo as this morning was nothing but "look at myyyyy shirt/hat"

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Golf - in general - has been off the list since Tiger is not involved*******

#ForTheThreadKill

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Someone did explain that a friend got removed and banned from the grounds because he somehow got drunk enough to pass out. Heh.

It might've been my story. A childhood friend, more of a acquaintance as years passed by, was drunk & belligerent. He was kicked out & his generational (x3 or 4) family badges were revoked. These were tournament badges, not practice round or Par 3.

17ing idiot. UGA fan of course.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I think I still have some pull at our county course if u want to play a round or want some sweet gear.***

• Haha
Reactions: BulldogBlitz
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login