Masters - Who is the person that surprises everyone and is actually in contention?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I think Brooks Koepka and John Ramm have the best chance of winning. I will be quietly rooting for Rory McIlroy to win, but I think he's going to get in his head (almost as bad as Spieth) if he's in contention. Who do you think it's going to surprise everyone and put their name in the top 10 leaderboard. they don't have to win just surprise people with their performance like Lefty did last year. I may not make me popular, but I hope Tiger makes the cut to get the record... but I'm afraid his health is not gonna let him.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
There is some young guy from Europe that they are swooning over on the Golf Channel. Can’t remember his name, Aberg maybe? First Masters and nobody has ever won their first time.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Ludvig Aberg. But hopefully that apparel company makes some better looking shirts than what he wore yesterday.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Will Zalatoris
I would like to see him win. He's had tough time with back issues. A real sentimental pick is Gary Woodland. He's overcoming brain surgery which was not cancerous but one they couldn't completely remove. Scotty Scheffler has to be the favorite tho.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Fuzzy Zoeller won in his first Masters appearance in 1979.
Gene Sarazen won in his first try, but it was only the second Masters, so there were lots of rookies.
I have no idea, the whispering heads on the golf channel said that nobody had ever won in their first Masters.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I would like to see him win. He's had tough time with back issues. A real sentimental pick is Gary Woodland. He's overcoming brain surgery which was not cancerous but one they couldn't completely remove. Scotty Scheffler has to be the favorite tho.

Happy Gilmore's Caddy ?

I was gonna say the same thing, he always plays well there.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
How about Phil? I don’t hear him talked about as much anymore. Of course not watching much sports news may be a factor in that. I’d like to see him or Reed win.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
How about Phil? I don’t hear him talked about as much anymore. Of course not watching much sports news may be a factor in that. I’d like to see him or Reed win.
According to the whispering heads Phil has been sucking up the LIV so far this year. DeChambou is wearing it out so far today.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The wind has everybody second-guessing their bag choices. it may be even worse tomorrow.
DeChambeau has done really well in the opening round.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
Scottie for the win. I would love to see Freddie and Tiger in the top 10 , and I'm a new fan of Hovland.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
I think Brooks Koepka and John Ramm have the best chance of winning. I will be quietly rooting for Rory McIlroy to win, but I think he's going to get in his head (almost as bad as Spieth) if he's in contention. Who do you think it's going to surprise everyone and put their name in the top 10 leaderboard. they don't have to win just surprise people with their performance like Lefty did last year. I may not make me popular, but I hope Tiger makes the cut to get the record... but I'm afraid his health is not gonna let him.
Tony Finau is my guy, but don't think he is serious enough to ruffle the leader's feathers. Tony is a bit laid back and his family is his life. He would have to develop some mean streak in him and his game to win the Masters. He has all the physical tools and the mechanics, but is just not quite as passionate about his game as others to bring home the Green Jacket. Hope I'm wrong as I would love to see him win it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login