May I be the first to congratulate the LSU Tigers baseball team

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
I'm afraid that curse will stay within the borders of Mississippi. NILSU has positioned themselves way too good to have the same fate happen to them.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I'm afraid that curse will stay within the borders of Mississippi. NILSU has positioned themselves way too good to have the same fate happen to them.

I would generally agree and say there’s no way it happens. But I would have said the same thing about the last 2 champions as well. They are going to lose some big pieces.

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
I would generally agree and say there’s no way it happens. But I would have said the same thing about the last 2 champions as well. They are going to lose some big pieces.
Ole Miss, and especially Mississippi State are not doing anywhere near what LSU is doing with NIL. Any bunch that will steal from a children's hospital will do pretty much anything to preserve their "legacy". Until there are some guidelines that restrict what can be done to lure elite athletes, teams like L$U are going to get richer while the poor get poorer.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Ole Miss, and especially Mississippi State are not doing anywhere near what LSU is doing with NIL. Any bunch that will steal from a children's hospital will do pretty much anything to preserve their "legacy". Until there are some guidelines that restrict what can be done to lure elite athletes, teams like L$U are going to get richer while the poor get poorer.

Both are doing way more than enough in NIL, facilities, and elsewhere to not finish DFL in the league right after winning a national title. And at minimum in Ole Miss’s case, you can’t blame coaching / development / culture….I mean Bianco had his worst ever year as a HC in year 23 or whatever it is. We were pretty horrible and still finished a solid 3 games ahead of them, and took 3 of 4 head to head.

So again, I’ll say I certainly don’t see LSU achieving the hangover 3-peat. But nobody, and I do mean nobody, saw either MSU or OM tanking like they did either. Anyone who says otherwise is lying their *** off.

patdog

May 28, 2007
But nobody, and I do mean nobody, saw either MSU or OM tanking like they did either. Anyone who says otherwise is lying their *** off.
Exactly. Maybe we can't compete with LSU and FL with NIL money. But there's absolutely no excuse both MSU and UMiss shouldn't be regularly contending for super regional and CWS appearances. None.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
On finishing dead 17ing last in the SEC in 2024.

Why stop at 2 years in a row? Bring it on it on, sports gods. LFG.
Most people I talk to away from Mississippi think MSU and OM were flukes in 21' & 22'. They don't think we'll ever win another one.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I would like to congratulate LSU and then tell them to go to hell.

Corndog GIF by Gangway Advertising

Reactions: skydawg1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login