Maybe Germans - Arizona St fan on Dudy Noble

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Wait until they learn we pop peanuts into RCColas, Dr. peppers or Coca-Colas.

/don’t judge me, but boiled peanuts are gross.…like slimy okra in gumbo gross
No argument from me. Has always blown my mind how someone could possibly prefer a soggy, slimy peanut over a perfectly roasted, salty one. I don’t get it, but to each his own I guess

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
No argument from me. Has always blown my mind how someone could possibly prefer a soggy, slimy peanut over a perfectly roasted, salty one. I don’t get it, but to each his own I guess
Like cochise said, there's a fine line between good ones and crappy ones. When they're done right, they're hard to beat. The perfect companion to an ice cold beer.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

You don't have to prefer one over the other. You can enjoy them both.

I love french fries, but I also love a nice fluffy, buttery baked tater.

And I definitely like properly boiled peanuts.

Hell, they're actually a bean and who doesn't love a well seasoned, delicious pot of beans (people who are wrong, that's who)?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I agree, boiled peanuts are nasty.
Angry Half Baked GIF

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
So the results are in. Sixpackers hate soggy boiled peanuts as much as Ariz. State fans who happen to like just about everything else about their weekend in Starkville. But if done right . . .

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Never had a boiled peanut and not looking to break that streak any time soon. But I do love me a good parched peanut. Especially if they're still warm out of the oven.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
To be fair Bad boiled peanuts ARE really bad. The canned ones for example.

But you can't beat good piping hot ones on a cold fall/winter weekend.

Great job of y'all there upholding the hospitality standard I set.*
i love boiled peanuts but i really only eat them around September and October.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
There are 2 types of people in this world. Those that love boiled peanuts and those that can't stand them. Never much middle ground on boiled peanuts. I personally love them.
And a third, such as myself, who never had a boiled peanut before

Augustus McCrae

Aug 25, 2012
I like boiled peanuts, especially if I’m on a road trip and come up on a roadside stand selling them and fresh pork skins.

I like parched peanuts too. Growing up my grandfather would always have a tray of them sitting on the pot belly stove at our hunting cabin. Good memories.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
While boiled peanuts are an acquired taste, I acquired that taste at an early edge. Roadside fresh boiled is the best but if you’re watching a game, one can of regular mixed with one can of Cajun boiled peanuts is close enough to the perfect peanut to suffice. Fried peanuts are fantastic as well.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login