Maybe it wasn't about NIL money after all

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I’m so tired of Olivia Dunne. There’s a lot better looking women out there. She’s not even a great gymnast. Blows my mind that she’s so popular on social media.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Ha ha. I like her.

And as I said day one, NIL had nothing to do with what she was being paid.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
I’m so tired of Olivia Dunne. There’s a lot better looking women out there. She’s not even a great gymnast. Blows my mind that she’s so popular on social media.
I’m no fanboy and find “influencers” annoying but this is what she looks like at a football game. There are certainly better looking women out there, but damn you have to see why the college crowd is obsessed with her.

This thread was worthless without more pictures. You degenerates are welcome.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m no fanboy and find “influencers” annoying but this is what she looks like at a football game. There are certainly better looking women out there, but damn you have to see why the college crowd is obsessed with her.

She's pretty, no doubt. But there are hundreds of girls just as pretty or prettier at that game. I don't see what the big deal is.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
She's pretty, no doubt. But there are hundreds of girls just as pretty or prettier at that game. I don't see what the big deal is.
It’s a big deal because for the first time in college athletics history a player can monetize their image. In 5 years, there will be hundreds or thousands of hot female college athletes monetizing their image and it won’t be a big deal. She basically got very lucky with timing.

Reactions: patdog

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Same reason Anna Kournikova or Sharapova were popular. They are good looking and good at a sport. Of course there are women just as good looking. Like the girl that plays softball for State. She's hot but she also plays an SEC sport. So she's hot and plays sports. It's a winning combo.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Outside of the pain he's inflicted in Dunne's a$$.......I think it's funny that anybody ever assumes NIL (or cash money, in the old days) was the reason someone picked a school/program. Money is just a part of the deal, and it's always been there. It just gets you in the game. People still pick the best school for them, that they like the most or whatever. Very few are truly just bought for no other reason. These dudes want to go pro, they aren't going to sacrifice that for a team that does nothing but pay them nickels when quarters are on the line.

Can anybody really say Skenes made a bad choice? That LSU team around him was better than ours'.

Everybody said Cam got bought, but did he make the wrong choice? He went to a team, closer to where he was from, with 5 seniors across the offensive line, with more name cache.

All you have to do is look at the State or Ole Miss commitment list from the instate guys. It's pretty easy to tell why each of them picked the school they did. If you keep up with recruiting, you can almost tell from the beginning who's going where.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Same reason Anna Kournikova or Sharapova were popular. They are good looking and good at a sport. Of course there are women just as good looking. Like the girl that plays softball for State. She's hot but she also plays an SEC sport. So she's hot and plays sports. It's a winning combo.

Ann Kournikova was in a different league than Sharapova and Dunne. She was just smoking hot.

I think the fangirling seems weird to a lot of guys because guys are generally less attracted to status than girls. It's definitely a plus for a girl to have some skills or something that makes her interesting beyond her looks, but I think it just surprises some guys (including me) just how many guys are basically cleat chasers, or maybe just the extent that they're cleat chasers. Dunne is good looking and being a division one athlete makes her slightly more attractive to me I guess? But the idea of actually going to a meet to watch her and hold up a sign or something for her or really pay attention to her at all other than seeing random pictures just seems weird .

ETA: Pic of her just out for reminder:

1692714224372.png

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
She’s a very attractive lady. She’s not so much hotter than dozens of other women on a college campus that I would feel the need to follow her around and hold up signs to her and comment on all her bikini Instagram posts. That just reeks of pathetic and sad.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
She’s a very attractive lady. She’s not so much hotter than dozens of other women on a college campus that I would feel the need to follow her around and hold up signs to her and comment on all her bikini Instagram posts. That just reeks of pathetic and sad.

She's also a millionaire, that's pretty hot too. I'd never be able to put up with the BS that would come with an influencer but I wouldn't need any ED meds. She probably doesn't know how to make a good sandwich.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

I'll say this again, because it's true and needs to be said: Good googly moogly.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
She has been posting tons of pics on Instagram for several years. Guys have been fapping to her pics for a long time so they are big fans.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
She's very pretty.

And those of us with a little sense and some hard earned experience, know there's a 90%+ chance that dating/marrying her would be awful (despite the fact that those first few weeks would provide years of useful memories).

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
She has been posting tons of pics on Instagram for several years. Guys have been fapping to her pics for a long time so they are big fans.
Over/under on how many dudes in this thread have fapped to her since this thread started? 4 most likely (not me of course :oops:)

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgzilla2

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

She looks pretty hot to me. And bonus points for being extra bendy and acrobatic.

Reactions: MaxwellSmart

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
All you have to do is look at the State or Ole Miss commitment list from the instate guys. It's pretty easy to tell why each of them picked the school they did. If you keep up with recruiting, you can almost tell from the beginning who's going where.

In the past I would have agreed with you but given the fact that OM currently has the top 3 DL recruits in the state of MS is telling that it is all about the money.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
In the past I would have agreed with you but given the fact that OM currently has the top 3 DL recruits in the state of MS is telling that it is all about the money.
Bay Springs and Pascagoula - that's Ole Miss territory man. Desoto County? Kind of a melting pot, and Ole Miss is no stranger there. Looking at all 3 of those guys, and noticed we weren't even on their radar - like, at all.

Just another day in Sip recrootin, if you ask me.

Are they getting paid? I'm sure they are, but they always have. That's generally what makes an Ole Miss area, an Ole Miss area. Some booster or pocket of boosters. But my point is that it's nothing new, the 2021 NIL ruling didn't change much in regards to that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login