Medical marijuana question

Aegon

Oct 1, 2022
When is it expected that dispensaries will open in Ms,?
Never. The state supreme court made up a technicality to overturn the initiative and also abolish the initiative process altogether so the voters don't get another chance to overrule our betters in the legislature.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
As of mid-August, more than 100 medical marijuana business applicants have been licensed across the state, mostly in the larger urban areas.

Ken Newburger, executive director of the Mississippi Medical Marijuana Association, told Biloxi TV station WLOX that patients in the state should have access to medical marijuana by the end of 2022.
“I think we’ll see people purchasing in late November, early December,”

https://mjbizdaily.com/mississippi-...ical-marijuana-sales-with-100-plus-licensees/

Reactions: msu4ever

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012

I saw this today. Don’t know where you are located
Pause Pain and Wellness Medical Cannabis Clinic
100% Money Back Guarantee. If you don’t qualify, you don’t pay!

https://pausethepain.com/

Jwsjr

Oct 8, 2013
As of mid-August, more than 100 medical marijuana business applicants have been licensed across the state, mostly in the larger urban areas.

Ken Newburger, executive director of the Mississippi Medical Marijuana Association, told Biloxi TV station WLOX that patients in the state should have access to medical marijuana by the end of 2022.
“I think we’ll see people purchasing in late November, early December,”

https://mjbizdaily.com/mississippi-...ical-marijuana-sales-with-100-plus-licensees/
well over 150 currently

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Since every aspect of the product to be dispensed must be grown, harvested, processed, tested, packaged and distributed from within the borders of the State of Mississippi, it isn't surprising that it has taken several months to have legal product ready to "dispense."

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I heard that drugs stores will carry the gummies. Just water cooler talk. Also insurance will pay for gummies but not smoking type. Again water cooler talk. No facts.

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
I heard that drugs stores will carry the gummies. Just water cooler talk. Also insurance will pay for gummies but not smoking type. Again water cooler talk. No facts.
Don't think that's how it works. It's still, unfortunately, a schedule I drug. Walgreens doesn't sell crack either.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
When is it expected that dispensaries will open in Ms,?
What you have now is individual municipalities denying them in their city. It will be interesting to see if that impacts mayoral terms and such either direction. i.e. if these politicians really know what their people want

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Don't think that's how it works. It's still, unfortunately, a schedule I drug. Walgreens doesn't sell crack either.
I beg to differ. My ex-wife gets hers there every month. They list it under the trade name "adderall".

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
If you want to buy in MS as soon as possible, you need to go get your card now. It is NOT a 5 day approval time. It’s more like 6 weeks. I think Tater is having the DOH take as long as possible. If you read news stories from April/May, they say it is a 30 day time for licensure (implying dispensaries and growers) and a 5 day approval time for patients. A video with someone from DOH even says the same thing. They are now saying they have 30 days to review your application. 5 days to approve and 2-3 days to issue your card. The card is virtuaL. IT SHOULD BE IMMEDIATE. Where else does a patient have to wait 6 weeks for their medication.

I went to pause the pain. Had all my doctors records of the past 15 years of documented chronic paid with opioid therapy. I’ve been off opioids for almost a year. Quit cold turkey and have been using cannabis for the past year. Told the doc that at PTP. She noted it and congratulated me.

It’s been 3.5 weeks and I still am in “submitted” status.

17 Tater. 17 the DOH slow rolling people. 17 the legislature and Tater for thinking they know how much I need a day (I have a naturally high tolerance, no pun intended.) I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Biden actually did something good and it’s a step in the right direction.

When the feds decriminalize it, people will start making legal trips to Oklahoma and get their visitor patient cards. Ounces for $50-$150 of good stuff. Shake ounces for $10! Resin, budder, shatter for $10/g or less. Live resin carts for $10-20 instead of $60-100. Hell, you can get 24 distillate carts for $100. 24!!!! Yeah, they’re probably harsh, but 24??? I bought 15 for $100 in Michigan and thought that was cheap. I also bought live resin carts 5 for $90. Oklahoma is another level of cheap.

And if you are totally against medical marijuana, but think alcohol is ok, you’re a POS.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Can the feds make this change via regs or will it require Congress to act?
Given that the Controlled Substances Act claims maryjane is schedule 1, (That class has NO medical value) it seems a simple lawsuit would be able to fix that mistake pretty easily.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login