Memo to Georgia: Fire Dennis Felton (long and drunken)

AConstipatedMonkey

Mar 3, 2008
Be forewarned (incoherent drunken babbling)

I don't know what the hell Felton told his team after OM wiped their NIT-enjoying *** with UGA in the final game of the season, but that **** should be vacuum sealed and preserved for future use. I mean, 2 wins in 9 hours. What!!!!! How!!! That's physically impossible. If it wasn't for you Dennis Felton, my day would have been perfect. I'll settle for 93.6%, I guess. But Georgia, get rid of his ***, he doesn't belong in the SEC. No matter how raped your program was 4 years ago, progress is essential and 16-16 ain't gonna cut it. God forbid somehow he finds a real team, the weight of those SEC East banners would bring down the rafters.

This guy had problems putting a team together halfway through the season. Hell, half his team either quit or was suspended before the SEC season started. Their offense (Gaines) fouled out twice in 9 hours playing in a (semi) foreign gym. Some random dude drives the ball down the court after a timeout, drives to the right wing, head-fakes his man, spins 360, sets his feet, and fires a dagger right through the giggling Kentucky fans' brains in their <17> second straight overtime game. That's motivation, homeslice. Discombobulates Kentucky so much Stevenson (or was it Jasper?) smacks the ball after a free throw because he thought it was a "lane violation". I'm a believer in chaos, and this Georgia team, after last night's crazy events, are basking in it. These guys aren't tired, they're making the SEC tired, wounded, and gasping for air. I didn't think much of Georgia, at least enough to where I'd think they'd beat us in such an urgent moment not only for them, but for us. All of us, the coaches, the players, the fans, especially me (not that I matter), we're expecting to walk over these guys. Personally, I was hoping for first-degree murder after the simple assault we applied to 'Bama last night (seriously, their "zone" is the worst excuse for not having an actual defense I've ever seen, and you couldn't shoot over that?? For shame Ben, you can do better than that).

Anyway, I'm gonna give my hat to these guys. Some of you on this board think that we choked this game away (which is a possibility), and it shows our genuine offensive weaknesses (lack of consistent outside shooting to open up the paint) that will prevent us from making a run next week (yeah, this team has one week to COMPLETELY figure it out, a concept so tantalizingly close and yet so far out of our grasp..........I'm yelling at you, Stansbury, Gordon, and Rhodes. I know you hear me right now, cause I'm talking through God. Win, do it, he says so), but I'm just gonna give Felton the benefit of the doubt on a slightly superior game plan that proved effective 9 hours beforehand. The genius in their win was that they beat us in the exact opposite way that every other team we've lost to beats us. 80% FT and 6 turnovers total for MSU should mean absolute destruction of our opponents. AND Gaines fouled out, again. But hey, I could say our experienced lineup got outplayed by freshman and "undesirables" in the last 2 minutes of the game, but I could also say it happened for 7 minutes to Kentucky by those same individuals. But no matter what, I shall yield this experience to the all-powerful, all technical-foul giving, and home-state backed Felton, for his way was the true path.

I'd be worried if I were you Arkansas. Few of your fans are anywhere near the stadium, while random native Georgia folks will emerge in downtown ATL to pray for your team's demise. And the last time you were in Georgia, they thoroughly smoked your Bacon-fat asses. This time, they don't even care if they win, because they're not even supposed to be still playing basketball now. They just want to inflict as much pain on their opponents as possible before Felton takes his year end cruise. Hell, I'll be rooting for them too, because I hate every fiber of your being, piggies, and it gets 6 SEC teams in the tournament (plus pushing Florida and Ole Miss further and further into the NIT, which just makes me happy.) UGA 69 - ARK 64. Just make sure Zac Swansey only get 3 BJs tonight, don't want to tire him out for the big game tomorrow.

P.S. If you want to win Arkansas, don't shoot 3's like we tried (and failed, a probable reason why our turnovers were so low, taking too many quick shots) to do..........UGA 3PT% defense in SEC play: 30.2% (1st in conference, .5% below us.)

P.P.S I hope you're the truth, Ravern Johnson. Zone-busting is an exteme need if we are to go deep in the tourney anytime in the next 3 years. He could become what Ark and Vandy have now in Weems and Foster, strong shooting forwards who can elevate over a zone and knock down jumpers.

/incoherent babbling

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login