Memphis 50 Michigan State 20 at the half......

B

BattleStations

Lets hear some more how Memphis sucks. The Dogs played a great game against a great team.

oem

Feb 23, 2008
I can't understand how some people can't appreciate the job Calipari is doing at Memphis. For years people said, if you have the Memphis job all you have to do is build a fence around the city and you can play with anybody. Calipari came in with the philosophy that they can do better than that and he has. If you can't appreciate what he's doing at Memphis, you are like Coach 34 and a few others are with Stansbury - you just don't like him personally. Because the guy - as Dickie V would say - can flat out coach.

MissStFan87

Feb 15, 2007
Please, someone end it all. You can't go anywhere or do anything around here without having Memphis basketball shoved in your face.

What's worse is it seems everyone I know is all of the sudden a huge Tiger fan. I have Ole Miss friends bleeding blue for now.

Agentdog

Aug 16, 2006
However, I am still not convinced they are as good Texas or Stanford for that matter. Texas will beat them. On tonight, the Big10 sucks.

oem

Feb 23, 2008
What a surprise. People in Memphis talking about Memphis basketball.

Agentdog

Aug 16, 2006
I was in Memphis for Easter Sunday. I watched our game with some Memphis "fans". I found out one of the people there cheering for Memphis was a State alum and some big wig with the Memphis chapter of the MSU Alumni Association. She said she was cheering for Memphis because she was from Memphis. I said, well I am cheering for State because I am from Mississippi. They didn't like it. I didn't give a damn.

Memphis has always been a SEC football town and Memphis basketball town. I never understood it. I am State fan in football, basketball, marbles, pick up sticks, and so on.

cb6228

Aug 30, 2006
I cheered for MSU last week, despite being a Memphis season ticket holder for the last 20 years. Does that mean because I went to MSU for 4 of the last 10 years mean I cannot be a Memphis fan?

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I found out one of the people there cheering for Memphis was a State alum and some big wig with the Memphis chapter of the MSU Alumni Association. She said she was cheering for Memphis because she was from Memphis.
I hope you took her home that night and grudge <17>ed her.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You actually have a history of being a Tigers fan. These people that 87 is talking about are Ole Miss fans that have absolutely no connection to Memphis whatsoever. Typical bandwagon fans.

oem

Feb 23, 2008
DesotoCountyDawg said:
You actually have a history of being a Tigers fan. These people that 87 is talking about are Ole Miss fans that have absolutely no connection to Memphis whatsoever. Typical bandwagon fans.

</p>Is there a sixpack rule that says you can't be a bandwagon fan? If so, count me guilty. Did you ever stop typing long enough to think that their connection to Memphis is that they live IN MEMPHIS?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login