Memphis Game

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
I don’t follow much off season stuff. For those who do, tell me we should beat Memphis

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
It's opening weekend, so we'll whip them pretty good I would think. But I take these games seriously. Seems like the toothpaste is out of the tube as far as playing USM/Memphis/etc., so we at least have to schedule these games wisely, like opening weekend. Of course Leach is a different animal, seems like Week 1s are his kryptonite (see last year too). But GENERALLY you would think your team would be 'up' to play week 1, especially if it's a veteran team like we are.

Remember when a bunch of posters were like "We ShOuLd NeVeR lOsE tO (insert whatever G5 school name here) aGaIn!!!111" I believe that was when we scheduled Southern Miss (AGAIN, like idiots) a few years ago for 2023 or whatever. But again, it's apparent we are going to do it. We just can't do it like Week 3 and **** when you have let downs. And we have USM for the week before Ole Miss in like 2025. Go ahead and chalk that up as a loss.

Feb 4, 2015
Im usually not an overly optimistic person but i just have a feeling that we will beat the crap out of them this weekend. I honestly feel like we will surprise some people this season.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Im usually not an overly optimistic person but i just have a feeling that we will beat the crap out of them this weekend. I honestly feel like we will surprise some people this season.

I'm pretty pessimistic but I think we're going to destroy teams without a good enough DE to get consistent pressure. I just think the teams that do have that, which I am assuming will be 4 to 6 teams on our schedule depending on how improved Dolla Bill is, are going to give us major problems.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The first thing I’d bring up is that we absolutely whipped them last year in every phase of the game except the scoreboard

468 yards to 246
26 first downs to 12
ToP was 37 minutes to 23

We lost the game because we fell asleep for about an hour after going up 17-7, and as soon as Memphis had fully regained momentum, we were then blessed with one of the worst officiating 17 ups in the history of the game.

If that’s not enough, Memphis’s all world WR Calvin Austin is finally gone.

We should win this game handily, but we’ve got to stop these offensive naps this season

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Maybe this will make you feel better: Mempho

If they score 20 against the first team defense without the aid of turnovers and 17 ups then you can worry. They look like they have lost a lot of their better players.

I predict Will starting one maybe two drives in the second half and a very vanilla show from the offense.

Wheat is gonna feast on their line.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
our offense is all about timing. i suspect we will have some issues the first game.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
If they score 20 against the first team defense without the aid of turnovers and 17 ups then you can worry. They look like they have lost a lot of their better players.

I predict Will starting one maybe two drives in the second half and a very vanilla show from the offense.

Wheat is gonna feast on their line.

Our offense is essentially the same regardless of opponent. There aren’t enough plays in the book to go vanilla.

Lovertich only saw mop up duty in two blowouts last season. I hope Sawyer gets some playing time but I would suspect he won’t get much as long as Rogers stays healthy.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I hope after last year against them and losing in the liberty bowl the way we did that this group comes out as veterans ready to prove something. If they come out again this year and look flat for two opening quarters and we aren't on the same page I'm afraid it will be a long year. Got to come out ready to play in first half this year. Year three now. No excuses. Got a lot of veterans. Time to get it

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Their QB was very good last year. Looks like their D-line is a little light on their feet but their secondary is good. They are picked to finish 4th in their conference. We should not have trouble blocking them when they rush five. Come up with a few turnovers and we should cover.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Their QB was very good last year. Looks like their D-line is a little light on their feet but their secondary is good. They are picked to finish 4th in their conference. We should not have trouble blocking them when they rush five. Come up with a few turnovers and we should cover.

If they rush five Rogers will climp them for 20.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Yea they got a little QB play last year against everyone else but I would not want to be the one lining up behind their center against our front for any game much less after what happened last year.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Do you think we learned anything from last year about sitting on a lead? Two quick touchdowns against La. Tech and we went into vacation mode. That is the staff’s fault. You never see Bama rest on a lead.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
We will crush the Tigers, see them driven before us and hear the lamentations of their women. This is the year it gets rolling. If not I am gonna start wondering about our coaches. I'm a big Leach fan but it's time to see some results. This team is experienced, no longer a bunch of freshmen

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
our offense is all about timing. i suspect we will have some issues the first game.

this ^^^ If an underdog ever stands a chance it will be in the very early part of the season ... ie- South Alabama over us, Appalachian State over Michigan, ... Memphis over us last year. (croom years excluded from this rationale)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login