Memphis game

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
They are copying it from the Grizzlies. They do it to begin the 4th quarter of home games.
I went to my first Grizzlies game last year in the playoffs against the Warriors. I've got to say, it's going to be hard to beat that atmosphere. It was just really fun and uniquely Memphis.

I went to a playoff game in SLC the year before. The contrast between the two was stark.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It makes
Dubmass Question Alert. If it's the Memphis game y'all are talking about, how can they steal from themselves?
The University of Memphis (née Memphis State) Tigers college football team. They were playing the Tulsa Golden Showers last night on television.
It was also wrestling night, so Jerry Lawler had a pregame match in the tailgate area and there were old wrestlers being recognized and doing meet and greets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I've always thought STATE , ND and Memphis had the best fight songs. For a while or a few times when Memphis was sucking bad in football back in the 90's when I live there, they had this "TAKE THAT BALL TO THE HOOP!!" Chant while leaving the football stadium after yet another loss. Pretty funny; "17 this, can't wait for basketball".

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I went to my first Grizzlies game last year in the playoffs against the Warriors. I've got to say, it's going to be hard to beat that atmosphere. It was just really fun and uniquely Memphis.

I went to a playoff game in SLC the year before. The contrast between the two was stark.
I think it was on Chris Vernon’s radio show a couple of years ago he was talking to the Houston Rockets beat writers and they were amazed (and a little shocked) at what music was played at Grizzlies games. Said Houston’s in game music/atmosphere was very pedestrian compared to the Grizzlies.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
I think it was on Chris Vernon’s radio show a couple of years ago he was talking to the Houston Rockets beat writers and they were amazed (and a little shocked) at what music was played at Grizzlies games. Said Houston’s in game music/atmosphere was very pedestrian compared to the Grizzlies.
Yeah it's pretty crazy being in the forum and watching families sing and dance to "chicken head"

• Haha
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login