Memphis = Ghetto Trash..and beatable. nm

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
was made a lot better by our effort today. I suspect the idiot Tiger fans that were talking **** to me last week about how they would beat us by 30 will not be quite as vocal tomorrow.

Memphis will not sniff the Final Four. If Michigan State doesn't beat them, Texas will beat the holy 17 out of them. So would Stanford.

Dawged and Confused

Mar 3, 2008
Memphis will not sniff the Final Four. If Michigan State doesn't beat them, Texas will beat the holy 17 out of them. So would Stanford.
Just a couple of weeks ago you said they wouldn't "sniff the sweet sixteen".

They could lose to any of those teams. But they like their chances, I bet. And they should, since they probably have more talent than everyone you list.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Tiger fans were pretty quiet on the radio this morning. They saw what we all saw. A team that is a shaky #1 seed at best.

They're going down against Izzo. Izzo has already been quoted on local news in Michigan as saying he's got 4 post players with 5 fouls each, and he intends to use them.

LandArchDawg

Sep 14, 2003
being gang-banging thugs, and more likely to end up the in the Shelby County penal system than in the Final Four.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Find where I said they "wouldn't sniff the Sweet 16". Better be quoted too.

I said I wouldn't be surprised if they lost in the 2nd round. And guess what, Einstein? They almost did.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
....with the pick-up truck in the parking lot wearing an "On our way to see the Tigers play" magnet on the tailgate.

You're going to a SPORTS BAR, not the game. That means magnets and tailgating are OUT.

But to be fair, some idiot in the recliner room had a cowbell.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
LandArchDawg said:
being gang-banging thugs, and more likely to end up the in the Shelby County penal system than in the Final Four.

</p>This thread is treading lightly, especially seeing as how we can all go look up the starting pg from our Final Four team on the MDOC website.

But that was over ten years ago, so it doesn't count right. All that matters is that most of Memphis's team grew up in the inner city, and even though we have no idea what's really up, we'll all assume that they are gonna go join gangs after their playing days are over.

G

Goat Holder

actually grew up in Memphis, yet are considered Memphis thugs.

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
Leave it to Mississippi State fans to play the race card after a tough loss.

The funny thing is, you would love for those guys to be Bulldogs.

It was a great game. I'm proud of the way the Dawgs battled, but Memphis just had too much talent in the end. I hope they go ahead and win it all now.

jlat13

Nov 1, 2007
We played as well as I think we could have and didn't win. I figured we'd have to control the tempo and play a heck of a game and them be off. They made tough shots down the stretch (Rose two pull up shots and CDR floater with the AND 1) I don't know if they can win it all but the did show they can come through when they needed to, but I was happy with the way we played for the most part. Memphis is the most athletic and deep team in the tournament, if they could shoot free throws I don't think anyone would come close to stopping them.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
they just grew up in Detroit, Chicago and Baltimore. Their thugs make Memphis' thugs look like amateurs.

jakldawg

May 1, 2006
"As someone who went to elementary school in Whitehaven, I'm getting a kick out of these replies."

G

Goat Holder

Orange Mound is up there with Compton in songwriting of the rap persuasion. And First 48 may as well have their headquarters in Memphis.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
williecunningham said:
Leave it to Mississippi State fans to play the race card after a tough loss.

@++% you. What the @++% is that supposed to mean?

Off the top of my head, Joey Dorsey made it rain and started a brawl at a strip club and later tried to go into the stands at UAB (along with other players), and Dozier got arrested for beating his girlfriend this year. To call people racist for claiming that this Memphis team is a bunch of thugs is laughable.</p>

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
One person used the term "Ghetto Trash," and in case you haven't noticed that person is an idiot. I wouldn't listen much to what he has to say. You then went and painted your own school as having a bunch of ignorant, racist alumni/students/fans. Again I say **$% you.

Mar 3, 2008
Not that is really matters, the club dorsey was accused of making it rain is not a strip club. Dozier was never arrested or charged. And what during the game did the Tigers do to be called ghetto thugs? So when our football players get arrested for fighting at a bar, do we call them ghetto thugs? Just because a guy grows up in bad part of town in a big city does not make him a thug. VegasDawg, I think you are a ignorant racist.</p>

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
My apologies. I thought it was a strip club. I was wrong. My beef isn't with Memphis's basketball team.
Just because someone calls Memphis a team of thugs (which I'm not doing), doesn't make them racist. There is a perception out there, whether it is fair or not, that Memphis is thuggish. Just beause some of our fans say it, doesn't make our fanbase racist. I bet there were fans of every school that Memphis played this year that called them thugs. Does that make all of their fanbases racist?

Again, I'm not trying to bash the Memphis basketball team. It just pissed me off that somebody would get on here and say, "Leave it to Mississippi State fans to play the race card after a loss." That's some kind of ******** you could expect to read on the Spirit.

And, by the way, I think you, Whydontyoucallmedickie, are an *******. What's the meaning behind that name anyway?

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Dorsey is a thug, anyway you slice it. He talks trash like a thug, he plays like a thug, he carries himself like a thug. I'm not going to speak for the rest of their team, although they certainly don't have much sportsmanship going on over there, but I can speak for what I saw out of Mr. Dorsey yesterday. Feel free to call me a racist if you want, but I feel pretty confident after seeing Dorsey in action that he is indeed a thug. As to whether I'd want him on my team, no thank you. I'd take Rose in a heartbeat though.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login