Memphis Restaurant Tip

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Izzy and Adam’s
Chicago style pizza. Really good, maybe better options in Chicago, but it’s really freaking good. Their Italian Hot Beef sandwich is amazing. Get it dipped. You’re welcome.
Good as Al’s Italian Beef?
If so, (or even sorta close) it’s fantastic.
I’ve actually made these from scratch including the hot giardiniera and humble brag but damn they were good!!

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Did you try their deep dish?

There used to be a small Chicago style pizza place in Horn lake called Wise Guys that was very good. They moved to a larger location but it never was the same and they didn't make it thru covid. We have been trying to a good deep dish ever since they closed.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I've always liked a little "hole in the wall" joint called Valles Italian Rebel up on Winchester Rd. I think. Near the airprort area. For lunch sandwiches and pizza, etc. My favorite there was the "Spicey Italian". Top notch for a sit down lunch.

Reactions: Puppers

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Coletta’s on S Parkway used to be pretty dang good at lunch.
Never went for dinner and not sure I wanted to then.
Damn well know for sure I wouldn’t now.
Haven’t eaten there in 10 years so it may have gone down in quality?
Italian isn’t my favorite food even though I love it so I don’t seek out Italian restaurants unless the wife is with me.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Nothing would compare to the original Grisanti’s on south Airways! Homemade spinach pasta. Elfo Special. Everything was indescribable.
Big John's son is opening his own place, he was in Sheffields Antiques in collierville for a while but rent got to high.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Italian isn’t my favorite food even though I love it so I don’t seek out Italian restaurants unless the wife is with me.
Went to that Coletta's years ago and ordered bruschetta with no cheese and lasagna. We got bruschetta with cheese and lasagna with no cheese and I wish I was kidding.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

Love their BBQ pizza!

Reactions: Dogsincebirth
Aug 23, 2012
Good as Al’s Italia n Beef?
If so, (or even sorta close) it’s fantastic.
I’ve actually made these from scratch including the hot giardiniera and humble brag but damn they were good!!

The wife just happens to have a pot of Italian Beef on tonite for tomorrow. Got acquainted with Italian Beef during an extended stay in Chicago about 20 years ago. She has been making a home version ever since. It compares well to what I had in Chicago.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login