Men's Basketball post-mortem

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I said at the beginning of the year I liked this team. I said it again last week, and I still say it. They are what they are. They are a big, athletic team that are poor shooters. What made me like them, and made MSU fans respond to them better than they have to men's basketball in years, was the effort they played with. That was just outstanding. That we made it to the tournament at all was purely due to that effort. Jans did a great job of getting these guys to play rock solid effort defense and effort rebound. Hats off to all the players and the coaching staff. Hopefully we can keep that effort up with the team that Jans puts together next year. This has been one of my favorite MSU basketball teams of all time.

patdog

May 28, 2007
What made me like them, and made MSU fans respond to them better than they have to men's basketball in years, was the effort they played with. That was just outstanding.
A team like this is a lot more fun to watch and support than more talented and maybe better teams we've had in the past. I appreciate all these guys have done for MSU.

Reactions: Duggar Hall Desk

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
Jans gets a lot of credit for the team's defense, and rightfully so. We absolutely got after it all year.

Jans should also get some credit for the offense we did have. It's hard to get the ball into the post, and especially hard when teams can clog the middle because you have no outside threats. But we ran some really good half-court sets to set up the post action. And we got lots of open looks on inbound plays. With some scorers/shooters on the floor, Jans will have the offense going.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login