Men's care/grooming these days

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
My wife came home from getting her nails done and asked me, who's the really tall black basketball player? (yes I chuckled) After narrowing it down slightly by eliminating Hubbard I guessed, Chol? That's him, he was next to me getting a pedicure .... and has really big feet. I said, I'm sure he does. So there's your MSU sports update but got me to thinking about what used to generally be considered "women's care" stuff also now includes "men's care" and what does the Pack partake in? Generational thing the younger you are the more you do?

As a full fledged boomer I'm way past my "best by date" so I don't do much but shave my face and shower with run of the mill soap and shampoo. Throw in a little skin cream.
I will say when we lived up north and coming out of the long cold winter with dried out and cracked feet/heels my wife finally convinced me to get a pedicure. Man was that a game changer and gotta say it was a great experience. Looked like I had new feet. Done it again a few times but nothing routine. Had a manicure once but seemed pointless. Thumbs up on getting a pedicure?

Now it seems there is a balls obsession with the bombardment of commercials. First with under ware that "cradles them" and recently Dr Squatch helping shave and freshen them up. (What is it? Put your balls in our hands or something? Good grief). Not sure I've thought a lot about mine over the years other than when they were kicked. No complaints either but maybe just being nice. Have balls simply been the forgotten frontier of care and hygiene?

On the flip side, while I see the occasional cologne commercial I don't seem to smell any like I used to and it was every where, me included. Started on Hi Karate in Jr High, moved to Brute in high school and onto Polo in college and early working years. Been out of that business for a long time now. Any one wear cologne these days?

What's hip or routine these days if I was 20 to 40 years younger?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
X Factor Reaction GIF by X Factor Global

I mean seriously, I don't have any desire whatsoever to know what The Pack does with it's junk, hooves, and booger picking fingers

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
My wife came home from getting her nails done and asked me, who's the really tall black basketball player? (yes I chuckled) After narrowing it down slightly by eliminating Hubbard I guessed, Chol? That's him, he was next to me getting a pedicure .... and has really big feet. I said, I'm sure he does. So there's your MSU sports update but got me to thinking about what used to generally be considered "women's care" stuff also now includes "men's care" and what does the Pack partake in? Generational thing the younger you are the more you do?

As a full fledged boomer I'm way past my "best by date" so I don't do much but shave my face and shower with run of the mill soap and shampoo. Throw in a little skin cream.
I will say when we lived up north and coming out of the long cold winter with dried out and cracked feet/heels my wife finally convinced me to get a pedicure. Man was that a game changer and gotta say it was a great experience. Looked like I had new feet. Done it again a few times but nothing routine. Had a manicure once but seemed pointless. Thumbs up on getting a pedicure?

Now it seems there is a balls obsession with the bombardment of commercials. First with under ware that "cradles them" and recently Dr Squatch helping shave and freshen them up. (What is it? Put your balls in our hands or something? Good grief). Not sure I've thought a lot about mine over the years other than when they were kicked. No complaints either but maybe just being nice. Have balls simply been the forgotten frontier of care and hygiene?

On the flip side, while I see the occasional cologne commercial I don't seem to smell any like I used to and it was every where, me included. Started on Hi Karate in Jr High, moved to Brute in high school and onto Polo in college and early working years. Been out of that business for a long time now. Any one wear cologne these days?

User name checks out*******************

HulksStache

Mar 4, 2013
A lot of athletes get pedicures. Keeps callous shaved down, prevents ingrown toe nails, hydrates the skin, etc. With that said…. I don’t get pedicures… I’m not an athlete either. If I relied on my feet to make me $, I would get pedicures also.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
You’re officially old when you look in the mirror one day and there’s a 2” pubic hair growing out of your eyebrows

If I wasn't in the line of work I am or had an anon twitter account this would be my bio 💯(until I won the lottery then all you oldies can suck it too).

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Wild idea- instead of asking a bunch of 25-75 year of guys what they do, why not ask your wife what she wants?

Just spitballin here.

Reactions: Double Dawg

Herbert Nenninger

Feb 9, 2019
More importantly, how does your butthole know the difference between a turd and a fart?
We had a GI Physiology professor in med school that said every time you pass gas, you’re gambling that that’s all it’s gonna be.

He said one time he was playing golf and thought he had to fart. But it was more than that. So he just stopped and started to walk off the course. When his playing partners asked where he was going he just said “I gambled and I lost”, and kept walking.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

1720583569772.gif

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023

Dude
Yo better half takes care of the grooming because of big beer bellies.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
We had a GI Physiology professor in med school that said every time you pass gas, you’re gambling that that’s all it’s gonna be.

He said one time he was playing golf and thought he had to fart. But it was more than that. So he just stopped and started to walk off the course. When his playing partners asked where he was going he just said “I gambled and I lost”, and kept walking.
Dr. Adair, we remember you

Reactions: Herbert Nenninger
Aug 23, 2012
I’ll play. I don’t get pedicures or manicures but wouldn’t be opposed to it if I thought I needed one or the other. I knock back unwanted or unsightly hair in all the usual places including my junk but it doesn’t approach anything close to shaving. My one guilty pleasure is a regular therapeutic massage mainly for my lower back.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Just give your balls a little trim every few weeks and slap some gold bond powder on them each morning after a shower

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login