Men's golf off to good start

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
not sure what changed but all the teams shot 10-20 strokes worse than yesterday. Guessing horrible weather but I don't follow it that closely.

state still in 1st up 3 strokes after shooting +10.

Reactions: Moondawgg

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Love golf. Almost addicted to watching Sat. and Sun afternoon PGA events. Golf is nice cause I don't root against anybody. I want all the players to hit great shots and make fabulous putts. I do have one that I pull for more than the others and that's Tony Finau. I think he's a year or two away from picking up a green jacket.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
These are 3 rounds, like the women's regional, right?
Correct and top 5 move on so barring a collapse of baseball national champion proportions we should move on.
We're 15 strokes up on 6th place.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Love golf. Almost addicted to watching Sat. and Sun afternoon PGA events. Golf is nice cause I don't root against anybody. I want all the players to hit great shots and make fabulous putts. I do have one that I pull for more than the others and that's Tony Finau. I think he's a year or two away from picking up a green jacket.
See, I’m the opposite. I love a good British Open Saturday where the winds are blowing 40 mph off the North Sea and players are having to scratch and claw to break 80 at Carnoustie.

Reactions: Polygonal

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I do have one that I pull for more than the others and that's Tony Finau. I think he's a year or two away from picking up a green jacket.
I like him too. He's come a long way the last couple of years. Wouldn't be surprised if he won the PGA this week.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
See, I’m the opposite. I love a good British Open Saturday where the winds are blowing 40 mph off the North Sea and players are having to scratch and claw to break 80 at Carnoustie.
They're having to make great shots just to scratch out some pars and bogeys in those conditions. I'd hate to think what my score would be with all that. I might break 200.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
Finau is one of my favorites too.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Trying to hold off a surging BYU today to win the regional, but looks like we will advance to nationals.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Glad to see this, and our women’s team is doing great! As one of the few PGM universities in the country, this seems long overdue. I hope we can become more consistent title contenders in a small sport like this….

It’s absurd that we had to wait so long to win a title when there are inexpensive sports like golf, bowling, beach volleyball, etc. that we could be dynasties in by now.

G-Dawg

Sep 6, 2012
Looks like we won the regional! We finished the tournament at -1 and BYU (which surged all day), finished at +4. Men and women win their regional! Impressive.

Edited to add: Poor Northern Colorado...they will be around +60 when they are finished for the day.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login