Mershon headed to Madison, Alabama (Huntsville) Trash Pandas

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Colin Baker Flirt GIF by Doctor Who

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I would hope that SEC baseball is basically High A… so starting a player at AA would be next step for a SEC player.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is stupid. It has the largest attendance #s in MILB. And has the same model as the Dude. How is it that you can post 10k post and so many be so idiotic?
So? It matches the most soulless, suburban city in the country as well.

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
So? It matches the most soulless, suburban city in the country as well.
Call me stupid but I don't follow. You mean Huntsville? The city on multiple "Best places to live " charts. Number 1 on some. The city with an unheard of crime rate for a city it's size? The city that employs Hundreds of MSU grads? Yeah so another idiotic post for books.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Call me stupid but I don't follow. You mean Huntsville? The city on multiple "Best places to live " charts. Number 1 on some. The city with an unheard of crime rate for a city it's size? The city that employs Hundreds of MSU grads? Yeah so another idiotic post for books.
He's just falling in with the lemmings that cry "The place where I live sucks.. everywhere else is better!"

Trust me.. everywhere else ain't better than Huntsville.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
In no way did I insinuate that Huntsville was not any of the things you listed. I am simply saying that the Huntsville area in general is a very suburban and soulless place. Lots of chain restaurants and stores. Modern day sheep love those things.

Don't get mad, bro.

Reactions: 22yardpunt

22yardpunt

Dec 20, 2009
Most suburban, soulless stadium in Murrica. That’s Huntsville for you.

#shouldhavebuiltitdowntown

I’m with Goat on this one. Huntsville is “nice” but wasn’t for me. I moved there after graduation and rolled out not even a year later. Chains everywhere and has that developed to it. Not my thing.

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
In no way did I insinuate that Huntsville was not any of the things you listed. I am simply saying that the Huntsville area in general is a very suburban and soulless place. Lots of chain restaurants and stores. Modern day sheep love those things.

Don't get mad, bro
I guess I need you to describe some with a "soul " . Any place without lots of chain restaurants and stores. I guess I have to mention the downtown area , Mount Sano, and the breweries. You are missing it "bro". It's a lot of fun you are missing being all knowy and sht . .

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I guess I need you to describe some with a "soul " . Any place without lots of chain restaurants and stores. I guess I have to mention the downtown area , Mount Sano, and the breweries. You are missing it "bro". It's a lot of fun you are missing being all knowy and sht . .
Monte Sano is awesome.

The breweries? Eh, those are everywhere, they were cool in 2014. Downtown? Could be cool, and definitely clean, but still too modern and soulless for me.

I do like 5 pts.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

I mean, isn’t minor league baseball the most suburban, soulless sport in America anyway?

There’s not a single person in the USA that attends a MiLB game and actually gives two shíts about the outcome. If you build a stadium in a place that makes money for both the city / neighborhood and the franchise, you’ve done well. Huntsville / Madison did well.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I mean, isn’t minor league baseball the most suburban, soulless sport in America anyway?

There’s not a single person in the USA that attends a MiLB game and actually gives two shíts about the outcome. If you build a stadium in a place that makes money for both the city / neighborhood and the franchise, you’ve done well. Huntsville / Madison did well.

Mangum is here for now, but if he keeps hitting/fielding like he has the last 2 weeks, he won't be there much longer.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

You're probably right. You could also say the same about a big chunk of the MLB schedule and NBA schedule. Just too many games, and they don't matter. Just a reason to go drink beer. Which is fine, but sports means so much more when it means something. That's why I love college baseball so much.

But there again, MLB makes a lot more money vs. college, especially in comparison to the gap between the NFL and college football. So maybe the MLB is onto something there.

I still think they'd be better off with a shorter schedule where the playoffs didn't go into the fall.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Back on topic: Mershon played his 3rd different position in 3 games tonight.
Thurs: 2nd base
Friday: SS
Saturday: CF

Guess he gonna get used as a utility player.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Forgot to mention, the whole point of my post really was that HSV should have built the stadium downtown. Or down by the TN River or something. It's just in the middle of a parking lot now, with chain restaurants and houses around.

I feel the same way about the Braves stadium too. I don't discriminate. The Battery is OK, but definitely soulless. Just a bunch of new shlt. Fun to go, sure. Same for the Rangers new place. But those are also the top level, and will attract fans due to that alone.

I get things need to continually be new and modern. But mix a little character in with it, someway, somehow, for MiLB. Like the Pensacola stadium....that's awesome. Biloxi's too for that matter. Downtown Birmingham is also great. Bricktown in OKC.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

It's a convenient, very safe area, plenty of parking, just off a freeway, plenty of eating options, and great neighborhoods just a walk away in some cases. What more do you want?

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Forgot to mention, the whole point of my post really was that HSV should have built the stadium downtown. Or down by the TN River or something. It's just in the middle of a parking lot now, with chain restaurants and houses around.

I feel the same way about the Braves stadium too. I don't discriminate. The Battery is OK, but definitely soulless. Just a bunch of new shlt. Fun to go, sure. Same for the Rangers new place. But those are also the top level, and will attract fans due to that alone.

I get things need to continually be new and modern. But mix a little character in with it, someway, somehow, for MiLB. Like the Pensacola stadium....that's awesome. Biloxi's too for that matter. Downtown Birmingham is also great. Bricktown in OKC.
There's no room to build it downtown. Plus, it would have been basically inaccessible.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

Mangum is here for now, but if he keeps hitting/fielding like he has the last 2 weeks, he won't be there much longer.
If he was hitting .500 with 10 HR’s, I doubt he would get called up. He would be a great pro player in the 70’s and 80’s, but doesn’t fit the mold of what the MLB is looking for now….. neither does Mershon.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login