Mershon is a Dirtbag….

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
that young man may not have the strongest arm from SS, but he absolutely gives all he has on every play. You can watch him pregame or during the game, and you will see him upbeat and energetic. He is what a baseball player should be. I want him on my team.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
I wasn't surprised that #11 didn't step up as a team leader last year. Didn't really see #20 stepping up either. I was surprised that #19 didn't step up though.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Two more things I noticed about him yesterday. There was one point late in the game where Nixon started off 2-0 on one of their batters, and Mershon went halfway to the mound and (I'm assuming) had a little pep talk with him. Camera's didn't deliberately show it and the announcers didn't mention it, but that little bit just shows the leader in him.

And on the double play that ended the game, he (and Larry) absolutely sold the runner with a deke move to second as if it were a ground ball to help hold him up and allow Clark to double him off. The kid's smart, plays situational ball, and is always helping even when the ball isn't coming to him.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
that young man may not have the strongest arm from SS, but he absolutely gives all he has on every play. You can watch him pregame or during the game, and you will see him upbeat and energetic. He is what a baseball player should be. I want him on my team.
Need beachbumdawg to weigh in here. I'm not sure Mershon is tall enough or does enough bicep curls to make next year's roster. Probably just needs to settle into a Sunday beer drinker league with Pete Young, TA, Jake, etc.**

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login