Michigan should be in the SEC…

patdog

May 28, 2007
This is nothing that hasn't been going on in the Big 10 for 100 years. Not this exact thing of course, but cheating in college football was invented in the Big 10 and hasn't stopped since.

• Haha
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
This is starting to look pretty serious for Michigan. If anything else comes out, they could legitimately be looking at a loss of up to 3 scholarships, and possibly lose 2 recruiting official visits, too.
You joke (and I laughed) but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some sort of sanctions given.

The sanctions won’t be recruiting related though— likely more coaching suspensions which would be apropos given the situation.

patdog

May 28, 2007
You joke (and I laughed) but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some sort of sanctions given.

The sanctions won’t be recruiting related though— likely more coaching suspensions which would be apropos given the situation.
Coaching suspensions won't do a damn thing to stop this. You want to have any effect, you have to go back to bowl and conference championship game bans, with corresponding permanent loss of related conference revenue sharing.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
That makes too much sense.

So much so I kind of don’t expect the NCAA to do that…

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
Coaching suspensions won't do a damn thing to stop this. You want to have any effect, you have to go back to bowl and conference championship game bans, with corresponding permanent loss of related conference revenue sharing.
If it was Rutgers, Maryland, or Purdue, something like that could possibly happen.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
If it was Rutgers, Maryland, or Purdue, something like that could possibly happen.
In related news, it's not that different overseas. The Premier League is so upset over Manchester Citys 100+ violations of the Financial Fair Play rules violations, they've given Everton a 10-point reduction in the PL standings.

• Wow
Reactions: Ghostman
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login