Mid South Severe Weather Update

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It looks like the worst of it will be extreme North Mississippi all the way up through Illinois. The most dangerous thing about this is it looks like it will be an overnight event possibly even continuing through to tomorrow morning

SPC just upgraded the outlook.View attachment 23250

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I can't believe we aren't under a threat here. 85 today, upper 40's tonight, and 32 tomorrow night.

The low tracking is forecast further north pulling the jet and threat of dangerous tornadoes from Memphis up to IL. There has been some discussion of the system slowing down and possibly creating a threat Saturday further east.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I just stepped outside my Starkvegas abode to let the dog out while I nurse a massive sinus infection. I had thought about chasing tonight, but when the best environment started shifting NW I decided to just curl back up with my bottle of NyQuil and say 17 it. If by any chance something pops close to home overnight I may ease out the door.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I just stepped outside my Starkvegas abode to let the dog out while I nurse a massive sinus infection. I had thought about chasing tonight, but when the best environment started shifting NW I decided to just curl back up with my bottle of NyQuil and say 17 it. If by any chance something pops close to home overnight I may ease out the door.

It's a pretty long haul to Cape Grardeau, MO to be in the middle of this chase so I don't blame you.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Latest HRRR shows from about Forest City to the boot heel of Missouri and up into southern Illinois/western Kentucky.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Latest HRRR shows from about Forest City to the boot heel of Missouri and up into southern Illinois/western Kentucky.

The chatter is even though they put out a tornado watch they are still waiting to see where the lower level jet hits these storms and makes them spin or not. If and when they start coming up around North Mississippi I'll post an update but right now it looks like it's gonna be from Memphis up to that area you just described.

View attachment 23257

But they also posted an update on D2 - Saturday that has storms continuing in East Mississippi and Alabama.

View attachment 23258

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login