Mid30s, but ohio state's brian hartline....

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
has a pretty impressive career so far as offensive coordinator.
I just don’t think we can gamble on a coordinator this time. It has come out bad more than good for us.

We got lucky on the Mullen hire. If he would have been a bust that was riding Meyer’s coattails… the program would be in some serious **** right now.

And if there was a solid coach hired in place of Moorhead.. we would have been in a much better position right now.

And of course we have the situation now.

Reactions: Dawgg and patdog

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I think some people over estimate the coaches we will be able to get. Like I would love Chadwell but do yall honestly think we can get him ? He might even want to come here but Liberty has a contract for 4 more years at 4 mill. How much money would we have to give them to release him ? Same with any of these top flight head coaches. Name your coach and then Google his contract. I'm sure they could pay the right guy 6 or 7 a year but paying 4 mill to get rid of our staff, 12 or 15 to buy out a contract and then 6 to pay him is getting pretty deep.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
I think some people over estimate the coaches we will be able to get. Like I would love Chadwell but do yall honestly think we can get him ? He might even want to come here but Liberty has a contract for 4 more years at 4 mill. How much money would we have to give them to release him ? Same with any of these top flight head coaches. Name your coach and then Google his contract. I'm sure they could pay the right guy 6 or 7 a year but paying 4 mill to get rid of our staff, 12 or 15 to buy out a contract and then 6 to pay him is getting pretty deep.
I would guess closer to $4M, not $15M. Auburn paid Liberty $3M for Freeze.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
has a pretty impressive career so far as offensive coordinator.
No thanks. Talk to me in about 3 years if he's still there, and tOSU is still winning.

I just don’t think we can gamble on a coordinator this time. It has come out bad more than good for us.

We got lucky on the Mullen hire. If he would have been a bust that was riding Meyer’s coattails… the program would be in some serious **** right now.

And if there was a solid coach hired in place of Moorhead.. we would have been in a much better position right now.

Mullen was not really a gamble. He had been a coordinator for 4 years under one of the best there was. He had been an assistant under the same guy for another 4. Similar to Smart, been with Saban for 9 years. They both were thoroughly trained and obviously good at it, you don't hang around with those guys that long if not. And they both knew what national title caliber players look like.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

Is it anymore a gamble than hiring a Sunbelt coach? I don't think it is. Now if we're talking a proven P5 coach, I agree. Billy dominated the sunbelt and he's terrible. Same with Neil Brown.
Norvell out of the AAC has worked out. Fuentes failed. G5 is a crap shoot too.

SouthMsDawg02

Oct 2, 2023
I could be a great OC with CJ Stroud at QB and like 4-5 1st round NFL picks at WR

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login