mIkE wRiGhT

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Okay goat. I'm glad this proved your point after he finally got one series from a dropped td pass. Barbay made a dumb *** call on 2nd. Still should have gotten the td.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm sorry I made you guys angry by talking about your quarterback, but our problem is not a quarterback. I found it really silly that we think changing one player will change our entire team. And we think that we can get any coach we want when we fire one after one season. Our problems are two things primarily, Number one - our coaching scheme and attack, and number two - our personnel and how we teach them. we look discombobulated all the way across both sides of this team and on the bench. Coach Arnett brought in Wright for one play and then another series all by himself and all it is done is taking her offense out of rhythm.

Will was a great quarterback in one system, and he does OK now, but he is not great for sure. He really doesn't have all the tools he needs to be effective in this type of offense. That being said, Mike Wright is not gonna do anything to save this team. He might surprise some other team we play for one game, and then the next game we play, there will be seven or eight guys in the box to stop the run... and they will have no problem covering our receivers long enough to sack the quarterback if he tries to throw. They will be hollering for Arnett to play Will at quarterback.

How many guys do we have on this team that our NFL quality? When you take a look at that combined with having a freshman coach, you'll see that we were stacked against us, to begin with, we brought another cu all we can do at this point is hope Arnett can figure out how to make this bunch of players improve by the end of the season.

I've been waiting since the 70s for a quarterback to be our savior at Mississippi State and I'm still waiting.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Dak Prescott couldn't function as a QB here with this ****** OL we have.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
All of our QBs can move the ball against Western Michigan.

The complaint of most on here is that Will’s lack of athleticism cripples us against every SEC team with a pass rush, which is most of our schedule.

Reactions: STLDawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think Will had one dropped in the end zone himself. Kind of funny doesn't matter which quarterback we have in there they still gonna drop the ball.
Yes I don't think many players have 100 percent completion. The point is wright can pass pretty well from what we saw. Everyone been saying he can't throw. Well he can throw and run. Which will help against defenses better than the MAC

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Accept this team is broken. Changing QBs will change nothing. The problems go way deeper. It’s a bad team that is extraordinarily poorly coached. This year unfortunately is already forfeit. The question is does our AD have the balls to do something about it after the season.

I will also be ecstatic if this post comes back to haunt me after we go undefeated for the rest of the season.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yes I don't think many players have 100 percent completion. The point is wright can pass pretty well from what we saw. Everyone been saying he can't throw. Well he can throw and run. Which will help against defenses better than the MAC
If he was more talented, overall is exactly the type of quarterback we need to have here. But this guy played at Vanderbilt and then us if he was so good why didn't someone like Alabama want him?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
All of our QBs can move the ball against Western Michigan.

The complaint of most on here is that Will’s lack of athleticism cripples us against every SEC team with a pass rush, which is most of our schedule.
But if you replace him with a guy that makes passes like me it doesn’t matter how fast or elusive he is.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If he was more talented, overall is exactly the type of quarterback we need to have here. But this guy played at Vanderbilt and then us if he was so good why didn't someone like Alabama want him?
Because they have 5 stars at qb. Also the OC at notre same brought his qb with him. That's why.
It's also because Barbay and arnett did a ****** job in the portal

Reactions: blitz2Win

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Because they have 5 stars at qb. Also the OC at notre same brought his qb with him. That's why.
It's also because Barbay and arnett did a ****** job in the portal
By getting wright who you think should be starting? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

If you watched that drive and think he’s a better option right now, then we should make QB threads read only for you.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Yea, the same thing will play out against sec defenses, they will get pressure on Will and he won’t be effective in this Barbay offense. wright will be able to escape the rush at least. western Michigan with ten seconds to throw every down isn’t a good barometer for future games.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Okay goat. I'm glad this proved your point after he finally got one series from a dropped td pass. Barbay made a dumb *** call on 2nd. Still should have gotten the td.
It was a dropped TD partially because it was a terrible pass. Guy had the DB beaten by a full yard and the only way its not a TD is if you throw a laser beam that allows defender to get his hand in the path of the ball flight and break up the timing for the WR.

Should it have still been caught? Probably. But if that’s what we’re calling a “good” throw from Wright, then he doesn’t need to be throwing anything beyond 5 yards down the field. Again, this guy couldn’t even start at Vandy. Its not only our coaches that have seen these things.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Let’s just hope Parson develops well because Wright’s throws look pretty embarrassing.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It was a dropped TD partially because it was a terrible pass. Guy had the DB beaten by a full yard and the only way its not a TD is if you throw a laser beam that allows defender to get his hand in the path of the ball flight and break up the timing for the WR.

Should it have still been caught? Probably. But if that’s what we’re calling a “good” throw from Wright, then he doesn’t need to be throwing anything beyond 5 yards down the field. Again, this guy couldn’t even start at Vandy. Its not only our coaches that have seen these things.
He beat Kentucky last year which is something will can't say and we have better talent than Vandy

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login