MiLB and college baseball scenario

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
https://www.espn.com/college-sports...-commits-arizona-state-challenging-ncaa-rules

In case you don't want to check out the article, the most meaningful part appears to be:
"In August, OHL player Rylan Masterson challenged that rule. He filed a proposed class action lawsuit in the U.S. District Court of Western New York against the NCAA and 10 universities for what the suit termed a "group boycott" of Canadian junior players. It said the boycott "prevents competition between the CHL and NCAA for top-end players and thus artificially suppresses compensation for players and artificially creates less competitive leagues," which it argued was "illegal under antitrust laws.""

I don't think it's much of stretch to compare that to players that went straight to MiLB out of high school, then realize they're not getting to the majors, at least not anytime soon.
Why not go make more money in college for 4 (soon to be 5) years...except that the NCAA eligibility rules are blocking you?

Am I missing something obvious?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't think you can force an employer or whatever, to accept you.

The only way this has legs is if the schools are competing over the players.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Eligibility limits will be the next thing to fall. I mean a guy in his 9th season caught Miami’s first TD of the season.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Everything is going to be challenged. If the NCAA can't prevent immediate eligibility transfers, we shouldn't assume they can stop professional players from playing in college. To this point, it has been called "amateur" status, but as we all know, they are no longer amateurs when they are getting paid.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login