Missing Rowdy and Tanner

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
They were the players that motivated the team. Nobody has stepped up this year. Until someone does we will continue down this track.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I agree but I also think we are just not hungry as a team right now. We have lost our drive and honestly I think we might have still lost a step or two even with T&A still on the team. Call it an unfortunate side effect of winning our first NC. It that is so it is worth it but we have got to get over the hangover and quickly before this season slips entirely away from us.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
While I do agree, I think it’s ironic that in the last 4 years people were bitching about Rowdey’s batting average this time of year.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Who else besides Jordan and Allen were Cannizzaro's recruits?

Landon Sims, Kamren James, Lane Forsythe, Cade Smith, and Kellum Clark were all Cannizaro recruits, too. You could even argue that Kam James was a Cohen recruit, based on the connection to his brother.

Overall, the college baseball recruiting cycle is long as 17….it takes forever for a new coach to get all “his” players in, and in many of those cases he’s just picking up where the old coach left off as far as recruiting on a lot of players. We won’t really know until 2024 or so what a full roster exclusively recruited by Lemonis looks like.

Last edited:

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
No way!!! How did you come to this magical conclusion???
Last year they came out jumping around hyping the team before they took the field. They were the spark plugs for the team and without them we are falling flat. I expected one or two players to pick up the torch this year but it hasn't happened. We have several players that could be the guy(s). Logan, Brad, Lane and Luke were all integral parts of the National Championship team so why not step up?

kired

Aug 22, 2008
"hype" is a little overrated when you're trying to hit a curve ball

Now, when you consider they were our two best offensive players - best avg, most doubles, best obp, best slugging, good power, good base runners - I'll agree that we're missing those two guys. Hopefully over the next few weeks we see James, Hancock, and Logan Tanner take that next step.

What else do you want from Cumbest? He's got 3 HRs and batting .400. Do you want him to try and pump up the crowd? I don't really see what that does for us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login