Mississippi Fainting Goats

Islandbird

Jan 31, 2022
After watching all the flops last week, it seems a rule needs to be considered in the off-season. One possible solution - if a player goes down and the game has to be stopped, they're not allowed back on the field for the rest of the quarter plus the next quarter. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Cocky Hobbit

KOTR

Joined Dec 1, 2019
Jan 19, 2022
That's overkill in my opinion. I do think something needs to be done about it, but there has to be a reasonable alternative.

Someone else suggested the player has to sit out until a change of possession. I think that's too much as well.

I was thinking something along the lines of the player has to be out a certain number of plays (like 5) before being allowed to return. This would mean a team couldn't simply keep having different players go down intentionally and have one return. If it happens on consecutive plays, then the defense would be without both of those players for 4 plays.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
After watching all the flops last week, it seems a rule needs to be considered in the off-season. One possible solution - if a player goes down and the game has to be stopped, they're not allowed back on the field for the rest of the quarter plus the next quarter. Any thoughts?

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
My rule was - if the ref has to stop the game for your injury, you can't come back into the game until there has been a change of possession.
Edit: but the NCAA wouldn't let it be so simple. They'll come up with some "minimum number of plays" one has to sit out to be "evaluated" by medical protocol, must be fully vaxxed, and must register to vote during the routine exam. Lol.

HI Cock1

Joined Oct 14, 2012
Jan 22, 2022
Charge a TO if you go down after the play clock starts.

Last edited:

TeeCock

Jan 21, 2022
Or for at least 10 plays. That would stop it.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login