Mississippi Fires Lawyer Trying to Recoup Misused Welfare Funds

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
Mississippi Fires Lawyer Trying to Recoup Misused Welfare Funds

The lawyer had issued a subpoena that could reveal details about the involvement of a former governor and a football star in the scandal.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
This calls for a little preseason Fourplay Daily Double..

View attachment 24770

More and more likely to be hired by the state as the new attorney and less and less likely to actually win the case.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Hey! The state should be so lucky to have Dan Fielding. He may be a womanizer, but he is a damn fine assistant DA.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Of course they had to fire him. He tried to do the job he was hired to do.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I bet we can figure out what firm the next lawyer comes from.

Of course BS will be the firm they hire ("Whelp, we thoroughly looked into it and nothing to see here, folks"). All of the political actors are playing their parts. This is all scripted. The only wildcard is Nancy New and her bunch. Tater and Bryant aren't exactly friends, but politics is politics. And the present Gov and the Gov from '04 - '12 will do what they have to do to keep the house of cards from falling. Make no mistake though, Pigott had his agenda, too. He didn't exactly get "fired", though. They let his contract expire. And as a government contractor with an ongoing project, that's about as close to being "fired" as you can get.

Last edited:

Indognito

May 27, 2016
New counsel will reportedly be Moe Fine, Esq. of the firm of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I see where Tator had the USM Athletic Foundation removed from the lawsuit. Reeves is another in a long line of scumbag MS politicians.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
If a movie was made on redneck scumbag politicians he could easily play the part.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I grew up with Brad Pigott. Eagle Scout and he is a straight shooter. He seeks the truth, and in MS, that can get you fired.

Too much smoke to ignore, but I think Republican investigators will white wash this ‘pig wearing lipstick.’

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
I grew up with Brad Pigott. Eagle Scout and he is a straight shooter. He seeks the truth, and in MS, that can get you fired.

Too much smoke to ignore, but I think Republican investigators will white wash this ‘pig wearing lipstick.’

Was Brad Pigott from the McComb area? Seems like there was a Pigott that was a judge down there.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
They should turn this over to the Feds. They have the manpower and the budget to wade through this quagmire. The only reason it was dropped on the Hinds Co. DA was the high probability of failure due to the Hinds Co. DA's office workload, short staff and low budget. Plus, the Hinds Co DA is a Democrat so the ******** most responsible for this cluster f**k (mostly Republicans) can cop a walk and keep the money and blame the other guys. Start looking at all those who got their hands on some of this money and see whose political campaigns they gave money to.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Bennie Thompson has asked the Dept. of Justice to investigate, and for once I support him even though I know it’s politically motivated. I doubt the MS Republican leadership really wants a Democratic led DOJ looking into this. The cover up can be worse than the crime.

Charlie Varney

Apr 11, 2016
A way for the state to recoup its losses in this fiasco....

Confiscate USM football season ticket sales for the next five decades and you would get at least a tenth of the money back.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
I will losley quote His Honor "Sweet Tater" Reeves, who is saying that "Brad Pigott was fired because he was acting with "political motives".

This statement came from a man who won't take a **** without first checking with his pollster.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Bennie Thompson has asked the Dept. of Justice to investigate, and for once I support him even though I know it’s politically motivated. I doubt the MS Republican leadership really wants a Democratic led DOJ looking into this. The cover up can be worse than the crime.

DOJ is too politicized. I don't want people walking for crimes but I also don't want anybody persecuted for being of the wrong political slant, and if I have to pick between one or the other, I'd pick the former.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I see where Tator had the USM Athletic Foundation removed from the lawsuit. Reeves is another in a long line of scumbag MS politicians.
The USM athletic foundation is borderline a USM entity, just like MSU's. I'm not sure it's money well spent for the state to spend money trying to recoup money from an entity that exists to provide money to a state university. Even though that money goes to athletics, athletics have unfortunately damn near become a core function of state universities. It'd be pretty close to the state suing itself.

I wouldn't be bothered if the state sued them, but I don't think it's ridiculous political corruption to not go after them.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Bennie gets a lot of flak from folks-- both deserved and undeserved-- but he is the Democratic powerbroker in the state.

If it were even ten years ago, the long term smart play for the GOP would be to keep & maintain a conservative Democrat in Congress to split the state party focus which they could have done with Travis Childers but...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login