Mississippi State: Better than TCU

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Relf was truly amazing. That throwing motion and the "hope it goes where I want it to" attitude was something else. Fortunately, he could hand off and also run like hell so he looked unbeatable in some games.
The ironic thing is, that 30 yard pass he threw in the third quarter of the Gator bowl to Michael Carr was one of the best passes I had seen in person as a MSU fan to that point.

Relf played the game of his life that day.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Yeah I kinda forgot about how he totally bossed that game. He actually became a better passer than Fitz and was a damn good running QB. Ole Dan did some good things. I don't begrudge him for taking the cash and going to Florida, but the way he left burned some bridges. There's more love for Relf than Mullen from State fans.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
The 2009 egg bowl is probably in my top 5 MSU football games I attended. We weren’t supposed to win and Relf and Dixon just dominated OM. Great memories of that one.
I had to go watch the highlights since you brought it up. IIRC, the TD pass Relf threw to Bumphis where he just threw it up was intended for O’Neal Wilder and he badly overthrew him. Lot of good stuff in that game. Broomfield with a great pick 6. And I forgot about UM bringing air horns

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
More than our offense that day, I remember our defense. I was worried about Denard Robinson burning us, but after the first quarter, the D completely blew up their whole scheme.

Reactions: drumrcraig
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login