Mississippi Suing: DHS wants $24 million back...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Breaking from @ayewolfe: Mississippi's welfare agency has filed a massive civil lawsuit seeking to recoup a total of $24 million in misspent welfare funds from Brett Favre, WWE wrestlers and 34 other people or companies.https://t.co/QajJiBmSvC— Adam Ganucheau (@GanucheauAdam) May 9, 2022

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Everybody has a price for The Million Dollar Man.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
The list !

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Is there any way to see an itemized list of inducements to these people?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I guess Marcus Dupree will have to give back his last Nickle.**********

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
Congratulations, in advance, to whomever eventually steals the $24M they recover.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
1. A couple of LLC’s and a feel-good story?? Is it really that easy to shamelessly bleed off State funds? And-
2. Favre’s middle name is Lorenzo?

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
anybody who gave money to anyone in the Favre family or WWE members should be in jail just on principle. Talk about lack research before a deal is made.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
Of course Marcus Dupree is on there. That guy has not made a single good decision since he turned 17.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Just because it was a dumb and questionable use of the money, does not necessarily make it illegal. I dont pretend to know the ins and outs of TANF, but there is a good bit of discretion given to the state. My guess is that everyone listed benefited personally, which is illegal, and/or did not do the work they were contracted to do.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Just because it was a dumb and questionable use of the money, does not necessarily make it illegal. I dont pretend to know the ins and outs of TANF, but there is a good bit of discretion given to the state. My guess is that everyone listed benefited personally, which is illegal, and/or did not do the work they were contracted to do.

So you think Farve meeting his donation obligations to USM is a permitted use of TANF funds?

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
What pisses me off is the taking of my earned money and spending it however the hell they please. As if they had earned it.

Someone mentioned “State” funds, but that is my money, that I worked for that the state took from me to give to poor people, and these bastards are buying 1 million dollar homes in reunion with it. 17 them.

Also, how are you going to hide 19 million?
How did these idiots think they were going to hide all that they took?

I remember hearing the Families first for Mississippi commercials and thinking what the hell is this company actually doing? Money for nothing. 17 big Government. It leads to fraud.

Hell, it’s all fraudulent.

Last edited:

Ray Caldwell

Nov 24, 2021
I usually just lurk here, but I had to chime in on this one. Not only was Families First the source of this crap, it was also horrible, stupid legislation. It had some potential to help families, and great potential to get kids killed. It’s fascinating that those who touted its success are now nowhere to be found. We have a lot of we’ll meaning politicians in this state who simply don’t have the acumen to do the job.

Ray Caldwell

Nov 24, 2021
A big part of Families First was supposed to be training for parents as an alternative to removing children from abusive and/or neglectful homes. So, rather than removing a child from a home, the parents were enlisted in a class, counseling, or provided some service as the child remained in the home. This allowed the state to tout the reduction in numbers of children in the system. But, as is often the case, government tends to see outcomes as a justification of means. Sounds good on paper, but when mama is an abusive crack *****, food stamps and parenting classes probably aren’t going to fix the issue.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
The State will be doing well to recover a fraction of this money. Once money is spent it's hard to get back. We'll get considerably less than 50% of this money back.

Updated info: https://mississippitoday.org/2022/0...JZsaONjz4tuxnrLxn1OYznyO_WGS7zGEWogOiO87J18LA

Looks like Shad is almost deliberately trying to set this whole investigation up to fail. I'd start looking at who got campaign donations from the list of folks who got TANF money. HINT: Most of the folks that received TANF funds were conservatives, which explains why Shad (and others) want this investigation to fail.

Last edited:

TNT.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I usually just lurk here, but I had to chime in on this one. Not only was Families First the source of this crap, it was also horrible, stupid legislation. It had some potential to help families, and great potential to get kids killed. It’s fascinating that those who touted its success are now nowhere to be found. We have a lot of we’ll meaning politicians in this state who simply don’t have the acumen to do the job.
Bingo. And unfortunately, it's rampant.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The State will be doing well to recover a fraction of this money. Once money is spent it's hard to get back. We'll get considerably less than 50% of this money back.

Updated info: https://mississippitoday.org/2022/0...JZsaONjz4tuxnrLxn1OYznyO_WGS7zGEWogOiO87J18LA

Looks like Shad is almost deliberately trying to set this whole investigation up to fail. I'd start looking at who got campaign donations from the list of folks who got TANF money. HINT: Most of the folks that received TANF funds were conservatives, which explains why Shad (and others) want this investigation to fail.

I'm sure Shad would rather this just all go away as his daddy, Deputy Feel, is deeply entangled.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This is going to make a great investigative podcast for an enterprising journalist or podcaster. Sitting governor, NFL and WWF Hall of Famers, taking money intended for po' folks and redistributing to the rich, and throw in the "nasal spray for concussions" scam, you've got a ton of material.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login