Missouri fans removed from game

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Vs Alabama for chanting that Darius Miles supplied the weapon that led to the murder of a young lady mere hours after he was sitting on the bama bench.
Imo, instead of worrying about Missouri’s freedom of speech, the league should be frisking the bama players for weapons. Can’t punish everybody else for their killers.

Last edited:

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Of course they would never reveal what the actual chant was, but it was related to that

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
They weren’t arrested. THe government did not infringe on their right to speak. A youNg women is dead. The university of Alabama had nothing to do with it. Using the death of a 20 year old girl as an opportunity to taunt other kids when they had absolutely nothing to d with it is evil. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. I have the right to walk into admnistration for my hospital and say “F all of you POS’a”. I have that right, but there will definitely be consequences. Would you feel the same way about the fans if they had been chanting “defund the police”? Anyone chanting that should be kicked out too. The definition of “freedom of speech” has been twisted badly recently. Also, lock it up

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
From my understanding , the case is still under investigation and we do not yet know if other players were involved.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
From my understanding , the case is still under investigation and we do not yet know if other players were involved.
Then i change my statement, it was totally appropriate to use the death of a 20 year old girl to taunt 18-22 year old kids at a basketball game, and the trampling by the University Of Missourri on their God Given 1st amendment rights is the true evil here**

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject.
-John Stuart Mills 1867

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I ask again, would you have been okay with the fans chanting “defund the police”? If you are okay with one, you have to be okay with the other. I am okay with neither. And explain to me how that quote applies here at all. What stand were those fans taking? What you just did is the equivalent of adding a bible verse to an email to justify everything that came before it.

Reactions: drumrcraig

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
The stand against capital murder. We will see how it all shakes out after the indictments, but It feels like we are going in circles here. They tried to ruin Chris Jones for a lot less than that and nobody was there to take up for him when the chants rained down.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
They weren’t arrested. THe government did not infringe on their right to speak. A youNg women is dead. The university of Alabama had nothing to do with it. Using the death of a 20 year old girl as an opportunity to taunt other kids when they had absolutely nothing to d with it is evil. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. I have the right to walk into admnistration for my hospital and say “F all of you POS’a”. I have that right, but there will definitely be consequences. Would you feel the same way about the fans if they had been chanting “defund the police”? Anyone chanting that should be kicked out too. The definition of “freedom of speech” has been twisted badly recently. Also, lock it up
Tend to agree here. You aren't allowed to be an arsehole in every venue. I don't care what the fans said personally, but it was definitely arseholishness.

I HATE wokeness. I HATE all the nanny state BS we have going on now. But I am very much a believer in '17 around and find out'. People aren't playing out there nowadays. Leave folks alone. You go out looking for trouble, you will find it. These fans are lucky that all they found was an ejection.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Tend to agree here. You aren't allowed to be an arsehole in every venue. I don't care what the fans said personally, but it was definitely arseholishness.

I HATE wokeness. I HATE all the nanny state BS we have going on now. But I am very much a believer in '17 around and find out'. People aren't playing out there nowadays. Leave folks alone. You go out looking for trouble, you will find it. These fans are lucky that all they found was an ejection.
1674404577865.gif

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
i think Alabama deserves a degree of condemnation

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
THIS!!!

Reactions: drexeldog23

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I understand why they were removed. But the whole situation says a lot about the character of player Nate Oats is willing to tolerate to win.
FWIW, Nate Oats is one of the most arrogant condescending a-holes in Tuscaloosa, and that’s saying something. He will not cull players based on character, bank it.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Fine line of sportsmanship crossed. The kids at Mizzou deserve to be walked out. Bama is the opponent, not Miles. Miles is behind bars waiting for the wheels of justice. The good kids showed up to play the Tigers.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Who was the Florida player who had the girlfriend who posed in playboy? Our students tortured that guy. And who can forget the time they got Demarcus Cousin's cell phone number?
Don’t recall the name but I recall some harassment of Shaq that was pretty bad. Also , “Hey ref, your mom called and she said….”. Ample opportunities to get out your keys and shake them many games

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
The early-mid 90’s MSU student body is shocked!***
I forgot the player but somebody for Bama had gotten a DUI a week or two before our game and during player introduction and warm ups our entire student section was chanting, "Tastes great less filling."
For all those of you on this board born after 1995 you may have to google to understand completely. Those of you on the plus side of 40 understand completely.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I forgot the player but somebody for Bama had gotten a DUI a week or two before our game and during player introduction and warm ups our entire student section was chanting, "Tastes great less filling."
For all those of you on this board born after 1995 you may have to google to understand completely. Those of you on the plus side of 40 understand completely.
Was there. Also chants of “DUI, DUI”.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Who was the Florida player who had the girlfriend who posed in playboy? Our students tortured that guy. And who can forget the time they got Demarcus Cousin's cell phone number?
His name was Matt Walsh I believe.

I remember us ragging Tayshaun Prince so hard he hurled a basketball across the court at us before the game. Most people weren't there yet and he was the only UK player on the court warming up before the game.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Is free speech the most misunderstood right that we have? I continue to see it misapplied to private entities. It’s hard for me to believe that regular people (I.e. not politicians) are being willfully dishonest. Equally hard to believe they it’s that hard to understand.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Is free speech the most misunderstood right that we have? I continue to see it misapplied to private entities. It’s hard for me to believe that regular people (I.e. not politicians) are being willfully dishonest. Equally hard to believe they it’s that hard to understand.
University of Alabama is not a private entity.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
University of Alabama is not a private entity.
I mean I know they run the SEC office Hirn I’m not aware that the are also the federal government, which is exactly what you knew freedom of speech was about or should.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login