MLB All - Time HR Leaderboard by College

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Saw this on an ASU board with a couple of interesting things in the comment section.
Take away Bonds and Reggie Jackson and ASU is still #2.
Only 5 guys out of the 28 on the 500 HR list went to college and two of them played at ASU.

1724271715747.png

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Very cool! Would love to see this same list for K’s for pitchers.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Only 5 guys out of the 28 on the 500 HR list went to college and two of them played at ASU.
  1. Barry Bonds (Arizona State)
  2. Mark McGwire (USC)
  3. Rafael Palmeiro (Mississippi State)
  4. Reggie Jackson (Arizona State)
  5. Mike Schmidt (Ohio University)
  6. Frank Thomas (Auburn)
I knew Palmeiro was in the 500 club, but I didn't realize he had the 3rd most HRs of any player to have played college and the most of any SEC player.

Question: Does a guy like Mike Piazza count towards Miami's total? He went there one year but redshirted and never got an official AB before transferring to a community college.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
  1. Barry Bonds (Arizona State)
  2. Mark McGwire (USC)
  3. Rafael Palmeiro (Mississippi State)
  4. Reggie Jackson (Arizona State)
  5. Frank Thomas (Auburn)
I knew Palmeiro was in the 500 club, but I didn't realize he had the 3rd most HRs of any player to have played college and the most of any SEC player.

Question: Does a guy like Mike Piazza count towards Miami's total? He went there one year but redshirted and never got an official AB before transferring to a community college.
Mike Schmidt went to the CWS with Ohio University. Jim Thome played one year of College ball

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login