Moorhead…

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I’ll be honest, I thought he could do better than that. Akron is one of the worst jobs in the FBS. He had been mentioned as a possibility for much better jobs. Heck, you can argue that just being the OC at Oregon is a better job than head coach at Akron.

philduckworth

Feb 20, 2015
I’ll be honest, I thought he could do better than that. Akron is one of the worst jobs in the FBS. He had been mentioned as a possibility for much better jobs. Heck, you can argue that just being the OC at Oregon is a better job than head coach at Akron.

You did? Akron seems about right.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Akron is a little over two hours from where he grew up in the Pittsburgh area so maybe he wants to be close to home.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008

Agreed. I would think he would get a better offer than that this year or next.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Moorhead might make a decent HC in a mid major conference, but not a power 5 job. His ceiling is OC at the P5 level.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
The guy couldn’t put together a staff in the SEC. All his guys immediately bailed on him after year 1. Can you imagine how crappy a staff he’s put together at Akron with their budget? He’s better off just being a P5 play caller. He’s just not HC material.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
The guy couldn’t put together a staff in the SEC. All his guys immediately bailed on him after year 1. Can you imagine how crappy a staff he’s put together at Akron with their budget? He’s better off just being a P5 play caller. He’s just not HC material.

He doesn't need to put together an SEC or Pac12 caliber staff at Akron, just one that can beat Toledo and Kent State. I believe he can do fine in the MAC and he does put emphasis on his coaches recruiting which will help. At P5 level, he just needs to call plays and recruit. Anything else is too much for him to handle on the big stage.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
He shouldn't take that. Needs to stay in the P5 and get more accolades. If he takes a head coach position he needs to go somewhere where discipline is already a part of the culture. Maybe a smart school like Stanford, Duke, etc. Maybe even Vanderbilt or Georgia Tech.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Don’t care where he goes but I’d love to watch him succeed as a HC somewhere.

Even though it didn’t work out with us that guy is just plain likable in my book.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login