More Olympic news: Salt Lake City will host the 2034 Winter Olympics.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
They hosted before. I have a feeling we may see recent hosts be hosting again just because of facilities which is smart.

Reactions: Dawg1976

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
They hosted before. I have a feeling we may see recent hosts be hosting again just because of facilities which is smart.
They were the only city being considered for the 2034 games.

From an article I read on ESPN:

"Salt Lake City was the lone contender the Olympic committee was considering for 2034. Climate change and high operational costs have reduced the number of cities willing and able to welcome the Winter Games."

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
So much waste can be seen from Sochi, Rio. Have the facilities already there. Even still lot of money goes into for not a lot of reward down the road.

Reactions: Ers236

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I'll be pulling for Jamaica in Bobsledding. I'd prefer alcohol over ganja however prior to attempting. i think I'd ride a bull b4 Bobsledding. i actually LIKE some Winter Olympic Games. Down Hill and those Long Jumps are cool.

Reactions: mcdawg22

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
I saw the IOC changed their criteria to start considering how many new permanent arenas had to be built into their number of considerations. Paris built 3. LA built none. Brisbane had 10 or so to build. It’ll be interesting to see how they do compared to Paris and LA.

Rio was just sad and puts a black eye on the Olympics. They don’t need anymore Olympics like that.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
While we’re talking Olympics, NBC has been running this commercial for the Paris Olympics showing some kind of boats in a river loaded with athletes I presume. Each boat has a country’s flag on the stern. Every boat is headed for a gap under a stone bridge, except the US boat, it’s headed dead center for one of the bridges pilings and really close. It bugs the 17 out of me.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Isn't that after the world ends from global warming...I mean climate change?
Say what you want but ski resorts worldwide are seeing a lot less snow than they used to. It’s not affecting the American west much. But European resorts are hurting.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Say what you want but ski resorts worldwide are seeing a lot less snow than they used to. It’s not affecting the American west much. But European resorts are hurting.
And there were times when there was little to no snow in those areas. Climate does indeed change.

Reactions: GloryDawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I saw the IOC changed their criteria to start considering how many new permanent arenas had to be built into their number of considerations. Paris built 3. LA built none. Brisbane had 10 or so to build. It’ll be interesting to see how they do compared to Paris and LA.

Rio was just sad and puts a black eye on the Olympics. They don’t need anymore Olympics like that.
For Paris they are swimming in a river

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It's funny the whole Salt Lake 2034 bid is still contingent on the Utah Governor pressuring the FBI to stop investigating a Chinese doping conspiracy.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
The irony.
Choosing a city based on climate change in a country that is, more than any other, being held responsible for and self-penalizing for climate change

Last edited:
Reactions: CochiseCowbell

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
While we’re talking Olympics, NBC has been running this commercial for the Paris Olympics showing some kind of boats in a river loaded with athletes I presume. Each boat has a country’s flag on the stern. Every boat is headed for a gap under a stone bridge, except the US boat, it’s headed dead center for one of the bridges pilings and really close. It bugs the 17 out of me.
I know what you're talking about, I saw it too, but I think its another boat and not a piling after watching it at least every other commercial since first of July

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
not in utah

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login