Mosley commits to Missouri…

Aug 28, 2018
I have a feeling it came down to who is going to let him have the ball in his hands when he wants it and give him more on-court freedom. KS, K-State, Tx Tech, and us in the mix, then he ends up at Mizzou. Sounds like somebody has some red flags, which I would assume would be his demand for the ball.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Not a real surprise

He's from Missouri and despite what MSU fans think, Mizzou is known for basketball over Mississippi State.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I have a feeling it came down to who is going to let him have the ball in his hands when he wants it and give him more on-court freedom. KS, K-State, Tx Tech, and us in the mix, then he ends up at Mizzou. Sounds like somebody has some red flags, which I would assume would be his demand for the ball.

He's from Columbia, MO.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I bet a larger factor was NIL money.

I suspect we were in a position where we had to beat Missouri by a decent amount. No inside information, just seems likely there would be a home town discount or at least a tie would go to Missouri. Wouldn't be surprised if we just got beat on NIL money either, but just wouldn't think Missouri would have had to beat us.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
That could be the case. I just think it's funny how fans undervalue the NIL money. The same people that will move their family across the country for a 15% raise think athletes wouldn't do the same.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
That could be the case. I just think it's funny how fans undervalue the NIL money. The same people that will move their family across the country for a 15% raise think athletes wouldn't do the same.

Yea, I think when taking money was against the rules, more players probably had hang-ups about letting that be the sole decision (and I think it actually was a negative for teams that got a lot of athletes where money was basically the deciding factor, which I think accounts for some of the volatility of programs like Auburn and Ole Miss). Now, even if a player likes one program over another, if they are basically equivalent and the one you favor less is willing to pay you $400 a month more over four years, I think that's going to be much more persuasive now that it's more or less over the table (technically, these deals are all still against the rules when used for enticement, but that's not really enforceable). Even when there is a real fandom by the player for the team offering less, I think without the excuse of it being against the rules as a reason to limit the size of payments, I think players are more likely to be affronted that the school they are a fan of values them less than whatever other equivalent school.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I suspect we were in a position where we had to beat Missouri by a decent amount. No inside information, just seems likely there would be a home town discount or at least a tie would go to Missouri. Wouldn't be surprised if we just got beat on NIL money either, but just wouldn't think Missouri would have had to beat us.

Missouri has more NIL money than Kansas?

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Are you implying Kansas wanted him? Because they didn’t. Neither did Texas Tech

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I bet a larger factor was NIL money.

Maybe, but it's pretty obvious that he was not enthused about coming here before Missouri even got into the mix. Looked to me like he was coming to MSU only if he had no other good option. I have no idea what we could offer from an NIL perspective though. And might as well quit calling it NIL and call it what it really is, recruit purchases. Amazing all of these guys in the portal apparently getting NIL money when hardly anyone even knows their name or who they are. Yet they are getting 'deals' supposedly off their 'name, image or likeness'. Yeah right.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login