Most important game?

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’ll say Florida. Win that & we probably make a bowl game. Lose it & it’s real hard to see 6 wins.

Reactions: Mjoelner

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Florida. Bubba is getting fired and we have to whip his asss for all the drama he put us through years ago.

Of course yessir is on the hot seat too. But beating Florida at home is a defining early season win. I really hope we're 3-0 going into it but I'm afraid we'll be 2-1.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Right know it’s AZ State. Lose that one and I don’t see a path to 6-6 unless we beat somebody we probably aren’t supposed to win.
If we’re 3-0 it’s Florida - for obvious reasons.
Hopefully we’re 4-2 going into the A&M game.
That will be a HUGE game if we are.

Reactions: Maroon13

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Neither of those three, it is The Egg Bowl. When either team is having a crappy season like everyone expects us to have then that one game can completely change the view of the season and set the tone for the next season. A 4 win season with a loss in the Egg Bowl is devastating. A 4 win season with the fourth win coming in against your rival has a glimmer of hope.

Reactions: Howiefeltersnstch

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Az St at this point in time.

Win that game, you build momentum for the Florida game. State will have excitement and a big crowd for Florida with a win Tempe.

Then win the Florida game, State is putting together a exciting, good season.

Lose to Az St and you may have 50k for the Florida game.... maybe. then lose to Florida..... ouch. 30k crowds at best for the remaining season and Lebby never gains traction with the casual fans.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
What a bunch of nihilists! You're supposed to have hope before the season starts.

losing eric cartman GIF by South Park

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
The first one. I'm a big believer in momentum and tone setting. I don't care if it's a cupcake. Show you can execute consistently, make big plays, and show confidence and swagger - that rolls over to the next game. Shoot yourself in the foot and play sloppy? That rolls over too. Yeah we can get better game to game and have ups and downs yada yada. That's fine. But we usually find out what kind of team persona we have very early on.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Which game is most critical to the season? Arkansas, AZ St, Florida?
Fer now it's AZ State since it's before the other 2. The importance of Flarda & PIG is TBD by games that precede them. Where's my prize money?

Yours Truly,

Captain Obvious.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
It’s Arizona State because our path to a decent season is to start 3-0 and that’s the most questionable game in that stretch. Florida is only a big deal if we’re 3-0 when they come to town.

I’d actually put Arkansas above Florida in terms of importance. Freaking Zach Arnett beat them on the road last year, we need to beat them at home.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Flow-rider then Are-can-stank. Win one of those and we have 5-7 locked in with a puncher's chance to get to 6-6. Sunbelt Billy and Titman will be fighting for their jobs, so it should be interesting.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
It’s Arizona State because our path to a decent season is to start 3-0 and that’s the most questionable game in that stretch. Florida is only a big deal if we’re 3-0 when they come to town.

I’d actually put Arkansas above Florida in terms of importance. Freaking Zach Arnett beat them on the road last year, we need to beat them at home.
CFN has ASU vs State as a 50/50 game and lists that game as a probable win for ASU. That is surprising.

They are almost completely rebuilt from the portal. Athlon and CFN predict them as going 6-6 and making a bowl game.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
CFN has ASU vs State as a 50/50 game and lists that game as a probable win for ASU. That is surprising.

They are almost completely rebuilt from the portal. Athlon and CFN predict them as going 6-6 and making a bowl game.
I'm counting ASU as a comfortable win, lose it and

Too Hot To Handle Island GIF by NETFLIX

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

Portal heavy teams are hard to predict in this era. Just because a team stunk last year doesn’t necessarily mean they will this year. Or it could! Our situation and ASU’s are fairly similar in terms of roster situation (i.e. we both have a lot of new faces). I think Dillingham is a solid young coach, too. Given our rebuilding state, yeah I think it’s a loseable game potentially. Just hard to know what either team is yet.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
I wouldn't sleep on Toledo. They have a pretty good team with a lot of B10 transfers, etc. Kind of have the feeling they may be our toughest OOC game.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
I wouldn't sleep on Toledo. They have a pretty good team with a lot of B10 transfers, etc. Kind of have the feeling they may be our toughest OOC game.
This. This game trapped right after a trip to the west coast and before first, home conference game. We are not good enough just to show up and win vs a team like this

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
If their QB hadn’t transferred to Baylor I would be terrified of that game. I think we’ll probably be fine but Candle is a good coach and could give us trouble. A la 2013 Bowling Green.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login