Move in day at Mississippi State

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I am in Starkville this weekend to get the kid settled. It is blistering hot! But... I tell ya what... all the debates here and different opinions ... it's good for the soul to get to campus.

As I ride around and see the old haunts, like College station, Chadwick and Cantebery, I recall memories of a life time ago. Then to see all the new apartments and businesses around town... truly amazing the growth of this town.

I could not have imagined when we only had 3 apartment complexes, a log cabin Burger King, CJs pizza, Cheers and Obeys that Starkville would have all that it has today. These kids have the true college experience here. I'm happy for them.

My only question is... where do they fit them all for classes? There is one new academic building, Old Main. Maybe I'm missing another ... but anyways.... good to be home.

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
I am in Starkville this weekend to get the kid settled. It is blistering hot! But... I tell ya what... all the debates here and different opinions ... it's good for the soul to get to campus.

As I ride around and see the old haunts, like College station, Chadwick and Cantebery, I recall memories of a life time ago. Then to see all the new apartments and businesses around town... truly amazing the growth of this town.

I could not have imagined when we only had 3 apartment complexes, a log cabin Burger King, CJs pizza, Cheers and Obeys that Starkville would have all that it has today. These kids have the true college experience here. I'm happy for them.

My only question is... where do they fit them all for classes? There is one new academic building, Old Main. Maybe I'm missing another ... but anyways.... good to be home.
Well they closed-in the south endzone of the drill field w/ a new bldg a while back. Lee Hall's evil twin.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Well they closed-in the south endzone of the drill field w/ a new bldg a while back. Lee Hall's evil twin.
Swalm. I had more classes in there than I did Lee. But I basically lived in McCool Hall by the time I was a junior.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
oh, they built the Charles Lee building and Richard Rula building.

So far, about half of my daughter's classes have been in Old Main.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

I have pretty vivid memories of my life dating all the way back to my toddler years, but that 4 year stretch in Starkville is the only part that almost seems like a dream today. Felt like I had entered another world the day I got there, and that feeling didn’t stop til the day I left town. I can still remember walking over to the post office for the last time to turn in my key, and that was weirdly the single point when it suddenly hit me that college life was over.

Hope your kid has the time of his or her life. In my mind, there’s not a luckier kid alive than one that’s about to start college at State

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I have pretty vivid memories of my life dating all the way back to my toddler years, but that 4 year stretch in Starkville is the only part that almost seems like a dream today. Felt like I had entered another world the day I got there, and that feeling didn’t stop til the day I left town. I can still remember walking over to the post office for the last time to turn in my key, and that was weirdly the single point when it suddenly hit me that college life was over.

Hope your kid has the time of his or her life. In my mind, there’s not a luckier kid alive than one that’s about to start college at State
I didn't know you could get a degree in 4 years...

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020

It came a tumultuious storm during my O Chem 2 final. The storm ended and I finished my test. I walked out of the building and sat under the flag pole to smoke a cigarette. There was a rainbow coming up from the Cobb archaeology building and coming down between Hand and Swalm. My first major to my last. I believe that was God's way of telling me my time there had ended and he was happy with what I did. I left there, drove to Louisiana, and went to work the next day. When I went back as a student I never really felt out of place. But when I go back now, I just sort of do.

Reactions: Maroon13

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

I wish the town would work to encourage a new area for a proper commercial district. Something that could be business oriented in the day and nightlife oriented in the evening.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Got my 2 boys moved in last week, which is my last 2, & someone must've been cutting onions somewhere.

Reactions: Maroon13

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010

My guess is a lot of online courses they are now required to take along with regular classes. I've been out a while now, so that is just a guess.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login