Moving on From Lemonis

KennedyDawg

Jun 26, 2018
If we truly mean what we say in that we want to be established as a perennial power in baseball, then the last 2 seasons warrant asking Lemonis to resign.

I don’t think there is a dawg out there who isn’t grateful for the successful run we had under him including the holy grail itself finally. No one can argue however, the last 2 seasons something has just been dramatically off with our chemistry and just lack of being able to execute the basic fundamentals of the game, and that can only point back to coach Lemonis.

The man I envision from a personal level being the right long term fit for State is Tim Tadlock. There may be not much time left to go after him as it very likely is reaching the crux of him wanting to make the leap elsewhere.

Always been a fan of the pack, and this is my first post here however and wanted to read what everyone’s thoughts were on this was.

HAILSTATE

Last edited:

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Probably not happening with Tadlock, but I think you’re in the right state for who the top realistic candidate would be, at least in my eyes.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
There are a few sitting head coaches that should get a call to gauge interest… tadlock is definitely one, along with Godwin and McDonnell to name a few. I know some are going to reply and say neither are coming here (especially McDonnell) but that would not stop me from making a run at them.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Seeing how easy it was for Lemon juice to win a natty, I think our job is even more a draw. Espically for a tenured coach who is toiling at a school with a ceiling, the ceiling at MSU is a natty.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Didn't we already have everyone "worthy" tell us "eff off" when we were in the last search that got us lemonis? We aren't the mecca we believe ourselves to be.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Didn't we already have everyone "worthy" tell us "eff off" when we were in the last search that got us lemonis? We aren't the mecca we believe ourselves to be.
I don’t see a McDonnell or Schloss type guy at another P5 school who might be an elite but also realistic target. I don’t think Butch would leave. He’s very happy at Auburn and just became a grandpa.

Probably going to have to go with a top assistant or proven mid major head coach. My preference would probably be the latter. And my guy at Dallas Baptist has to be at or near the top of that list.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Uh, we won a natty since then, so we are a better draw now. We are to college baseball as ND is to college football. Do not sell us short. Vandy and LSU may be more desirable jobs for someone who's goal is to win a natty, but that's about it.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
They told Cohen to eff off, and in fairness… probably weren’t the first or last to do so

I do agree that we’re not some Duke/UNC basketball Mecca like some think, but MSU baseball is still very much a destination job in a lot of ways

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t see a McDonnell or Schloss type guy at another P5 school who might be an elite but also realistic target. I don’t think Butch would leave. He’s very happy at Auburn and just became a grandpa.

Probably going to have to go with a top assistant or proven mid major head coach. My preference would probably be the latter. And my guy at Dallas Baptist has to be at or near the top of that list.

The most appealing thing to me about Heefner is that he comes with a ready made nickname for when he starts 17ing up or our fanbase gets naturally perturbed with him just like they have with every coach, in every sport, after 4-5 years max. And its one that’s way better than Lemonhead.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
If we truly mean what we say in that we want to be established as a perennial power in baseball, then the last 2 seasons warrant asking Lemonis to resign.

I don’t think there is a dawg out there who isn’t grateful for the successful run we had under him including the holy grail itself finally. No one can argue however, the last 2 seasons something has just been dramatically off with our chemistry and just lack of being able to execute the basic fundamentals of the game, and that can only point back to coach Lemonis.

The man I envision from a personal level being the right long term fit for State is Tim Tadlock. There may be not much time left to go after him as it very likely is reaching the crux of him wanting to make the leap elsewhere.

Always been a fan of the pack, and this is my first post here however and wanted to read what everyone’s thoughts were on this was.

HAILSTATE
B1NGL3 HAS MOVED ON ALREADY. NOT SAYIN, JUST SAYIN

Fang1

Oct 1, 2022
They told Cohen to eff off, and in fairness… probably weren’t the first or last to do so

I do agree that we’re not some Duke/UNC basketball Mecca like some think, but MSU baseball is still very much a destination job in a lot of ways
Did Nell participate in the interviews?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login