MSU Ladies Golf with a statement tourney win in Arkansas

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I watched coverage of the last four or five holes on Golf Channel. You MFers need to be paying attention to what is going on in the ladies golf program. The Ewing dude (Ally's husband) is legit. He obviously can find and recruit high end talent. The Spaniard, Julia Lopez Ramirez, is the equivalent of a 5 star stud. She's ready for the LPGA right now. What I like most about the situation with our program at the moment is that we are benefitting greatly from Ally's success on the Tour and from her husband's leadership of our program, and from a guy like Jim Gallagher, Jr., who has a passion for the college game and a very influential position with Golf Channel. The positive exposure on Golf Channel last night was huge. Every commentator was raving about Lopez-Ramirez, her teammates and Ewing. Whipping Ole Miss's @$$ was the cherry.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I watched coverage of the last four or five holes on Golf Channel. You MFers need to be paying attention to what is going on in the ladies golf program. The Ewing dude (Ally's husband) is legit. He obviously can find and recruit high end talent. The Spaniard, Julia Lopez Ramirez, is the equivalent of a 5 star stud. She's ready for the LPGA right now. What I like most about the situation with our program at the moment is that we are benefitting greatly from Ally's success on the Tour and from her husband's leadership of our program, and from a guy like Jim Gallagher, Jr., who has a passion for the college game and a very influential position with Golf Channel. The positive exposure on Golf Channel last night was huge. Every commentator was raving about Lopez-Ramirez, her teammates and Ewing. Whipping Ole Miss's @$$ was the cherry.
I just clicked on the article. Haven't read it yet, but I can say I'm now fully on board with watching and supporting this team more**

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The freshman from Spain, Ramirez, also jumped up to #4 in the polls after wiping the floor with a solid field in Arkansas.

Long, long way to go, but this team is capable of contending for a natty.

We may as well back Ole Miss up for old times sake.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
If you are in my age group (59), I think you can improve your game more watching these ladies than trying to imulate Tiger Woods' swing. It's amazing how accurate they are in the 150 yard range as some are as accurate as the men pros in that area of the game. What's surprising though is how much better the men pros are than the ladies in putting. Has our men's team put anybody on the Tour lately? Are they worth a **** these days? (too lazy to go to hailstate.com right now and browse)

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If you are in my age group (59), I think you can improve your game more watching these ladies than trying to imulate Tiger Woods' swing. It's amazing how accurate they are in the 150 yard range as some are as accurate as the men pros in that area of the game. What's surprising though is how much better the men pros are than the ladies in putting. Has our men's team put anybody on the Tour lately? Are they worth a **** these days? (too lazy to go to hailstate.com right now and browse)
Google Chad Ramey. He's in a serious slump right now (+9 in Jackson), but locked up his tour card for 2 more years with a PGA win earlier this season.

He and Ally (McDonald) Ewing both played at Fulton in HS and then State.

And I agree with watching the women for us older dudes.

Hell, Ally hits every club much longer than I do and she shoots lasers. If she was a better putter she's Top 10 in the world.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login