MSU Men's Basketball Season Prediction...

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I predict we’ll drop a pre-conference game against a sub 150 team and half the board will say we can’t do that and make the tourney while the other half digs in and repeatedly says it’s early and a long season so everyone should shut up.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I’m going to choose to be optimistic. We will play disciplined basketball and good defense, but we won’t be very good, yet. We’ll be better than last year.

Reactions: msstatelp1

Connor Mead1

Oct 18, 2022
I think we have about the same season as last year but there's more hope and will be more enjoyable to watch.
It is my hope that we see progress and growth. Not expecting a lot out of this season, but looking for good building blocks. Jans seems to be a good fit, but I have been a State fan long enough to have seen a lot of "good fits", so I will wait and see.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I think we have about the same season as last year but there's more hope and will be more enjoyable to watch.
I have zero expectations from a W/L standpoint. From a roster and sheer talent perspective, let’s be honest… we’re probably in a group of 3-4 teams at the very bottom of the SEC, so if Jans does somehow coach this team to a near .500 SEC record, I’ll be very pleased.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
we suck again GIF

(this year anyway but let's see how things develop)

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
I predict we’ll drop a pre-conference game against a sub 150 team and half the board will say we can’t do that and make the tourney while the other half digs in and repeatedly says it’s early and a long season so everyone should shut up.
Well the former would actually be true. Since we play a SWAC heavy OOC schedule, we couldn’t afford to drop a sub 150 loss and have a realistic shot without winning 12-14 conference games.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
We look good out the gates, then drop a couple bad non con games that all but kill any hopes at the ncaa's. Win a few at the start of SEC play to get our hopes back up again, Hey, Lunardi has us at a last four in, lose to someone awful, fall out of the last four in, make the NIT.

This is Mississippi State hoops

• Angry
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We will go 1 win over.500 for the regular season.

Something odd- the December event we are in looks like the most random grouping of teams that has ever come together.
On December 20th we will play in Lincoln NE against Drake. This is part of UNL's 'Battle at the Vault', whatever the 17 that is.
This is the press release for the inaugural event...

BATTLE IN THE VAULT​

University of Nebraska MBB vs. Queens University, Mississippi State vs. Drake University, Concordia University vs. Oklahoma Wesleyan​

Three men's college basketball games are set for the first inaugural Battle in the Vault on December 20 at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, NE.
1:00 p.m. - Concordia vs Oklahoma Wesleyan
4:00 p.m. - Mississippi State vs Drake
6:30 p.m. - Nebraska vs Queens

"When we decided to build this event, we were looking for a place with pride in their teams and area," said Campio Event Organizer Jake Headrick. "There is no fan base more loyal than the people of Nebraska, and the teams coming to this event have great ties to the area and region."

The event features the home town Huskers, Drake star Tucker Devries who grew up in Omaha, and a Concordia roster with more than 12 instate Nebraska players, many playing at Pinnacle Bank Arena for the first time.
Wow. They chose Nebraska due to no fan base being more loyal? And there are great ties to the area and region for teams playing in the event? Its better to say nothing at all.
Mississippi State just doesnt have ties to the state.
Drake which has 1 player who grew up in Omaha when younger and went to HS in Iowa because his dad is the Drake coach.
Queens University has no ties at all to Nebraska. Funny enough, I know the head coach there and they are just now transitioning to D1.
Concordia is an NAIA school, but its based in Nebraska so thats cool, I guess.
Oklahoma Wesleyan is also an NAIA school and has no ties to Nebraska.

This is what we chose to be part of?
Honestly, Drake is the headline of this group of 6, at least right now pre-season. At least we play the best team possible...

Last edited:

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Probably will lose at least one in the Fort Myers tourney and at Minnesota. And maybe one more somewhere in the OOC. schedule. Start the OOC part with about 3 losses.....worst case, 4 losses......best case 2 losses.

Last edited:

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014

Something odd- the December event we are in looks like the most random grouping of teams that has ever come together.
On December 20th we will play in Lincoln NE against Drake. This is part of UNL's 'Battle at the Vault', whatever the 17 that is.

Wow. They chose Nebraska due to no fan base being more loyal? And there are great ties to the area and region for teams playing in the event? Its better to say nothing at all.
Drake which has 1 player who grew up in Omaha when younger and went to HS in Iowa because his dad is the Drake coach.
Queens University has no ties at all to Nebraska. Funny enough, I know the head coach there and they are just now transitioning to D1.

Honestly, Drake is the headline of this group of 6, at least right now pre-season. At least we play the best team possible...
Actually, this is the one chance I've had in years to see our team play. I'll be there, courtside, with my 11-year old son to see his first State basketball game. And the Pinnacle Arena in Lincoln, NE, is actually a great venue.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016

Maybe the schedulers can't read very well and thought it was a baseball tournament. The are used to seeing those guys in their state.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Actually, this is the one chance I've had in years to see our team play. I'll be there, courtside, with my 11-year old son to see his first State basketball game. And the Pinnacle Arena in Lincoln, NE, is actually a great venue.
Yes, I will be there as well. Its a confusing event to have joined, but its close enough to justify and the tipoff time works well.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Damn, I am usually the pessimistic one, but I think MSU will be top 5 in the SEC. And barely make the NCAA tourney unlike the MSU men because the weak pre-SEC schedule (men's again).

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Damn, I am usually the pessimistic one, but I think MSU will be top 5 in the SEC. And barely make the NCAA tourney unlike the MSU men because the weak pre-SEC schedule (men's again).

I will have whatever you are smoking.

Last edited:

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Bunch of BS. Our brand new up and coming and younger coach hasn't coached his first game here and nothing but negative waves. Moriartys; the whole lot of ya.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login