MSU, OM, USM

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
What are the odds USM completes the trifecta for the state of Mississippi and wins the natty this year. Would be insane!

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
State and Ole Miss both had Top 5-10 rosters the year they won it all. USM is a very good team but I don’t see that kind of talent. They are likely an underdog against Tennessee regardless of where the Super is played.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
In Disney's world 100%.

In reality, maybe 5% which means there's a chance

EagleDawg97

Mar 18, 2020
Very low chance, I would say. SEC teams are always going to have more talent and a hell of a lot more money. I suspect we will be underdogs vs TN regardless of where it is played.

USM has always been about doing it the hard way. Blue collar mentality and embracing being the overlooked underdog.

USM fans mostly went to school at USM, where TN fans went to a Walmart.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Very low chance, I would say. SEC teams are always going to have more talent and a hell of a lot more money. I suspect we will be underdogs vs TN regardless of where it is played.

USM has always been about doing it the hard way. Blue collar mentality and embracing being the overlooked underdog.

USM fans mostly went to school at USM, where TN fans went to a Walmart.
You got a like for the last sentence

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
I’m pulling for em, but they got to get HOT! Yesterday after they went up 8-5 that next inning they were more little league than college regional team, but they found the way to get out of that inning with the lead.

I really hope they show out and put up 15 or more per game this weekend.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
In Disney's world 100%.

In reality, maybe 5% which means there's a chance
Jim Carrey Yes GIF by HeatherShawComedy

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I agree, the 5% chance of winning it all sounds about right. I just want Berry to get to Omaha. Would be a magical end to a very good career. I think USM has a better chance of beating than UT than many other people do, but we’ll still be the underdog. They’re more talented than we are at most positions, and they have some elite arm talent.

But we have a Tanner Hall, so there’s that.

Reactions: Ghostman

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
That's what every poster on here said about Ole Miss's chances vs Oklahoma in the CWS Finals last year.
Exactly. OM really had no business being in Omaha. Then look at Coastal Carolina their year. There were much more talented teams that they buzz sawed through to win it all.
It can be done and I will actually cheer for them to do it. I’ll bathe after every game but I’ll do it.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
I agree, the 5% chance of winning it all sounds about right. I just want Berry to get to Omaha. Would be a magical end to a very good career. I think USM has a better chance of beating than UT than many other people do, but we’ll still be the underdog. They’re more talented than we are at most positions, and they have some elite arm talent.

But we have a Tanner Hall, so there’s that.
Better hope he pitches better than he did Monday and you are correct about UT's arm talent. They're playing well at the right time too.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Are you all watching the same USM team I am? Those guys have just as good of a chance to win it all as the other 15 teams remaining. They probably won't because of how difficult is it to navigate the field, but they have just as good a chance as anybody else.

This is a deep pitching staff who can navigate Omaha, and a team that is red hot at the moment. To win Omaha you have to (#1) Make it, (#2) get hot at the right moment, and (#3), get a little bit of luck on your journey.

I'm pulling for them.

Reactions: Dawgg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
After last year, any ****** team can win it if the field is weak enough.
**** you dude. At least OM had to play all the teams and didn't get bailed out by covid.
You’re both wrong. Ole Miss underachieved all year but had a Top 10 roster still. They just finally played to their potential at the right time.

OM fans claiming State got bailed out is even more silly. State literally had to beat the ACC champ in a Super and win two games each against the No. 2 and No. 4 national seeds. It’s not like they had an easy path once the NC State thing happened. Certainly not any easier than OM’s path last year when they won a championship while playing a grand total of one game against a Top 8 seed in the postseason, and none against a Top 5 seed.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
You’re both wrong. Ole Miss underachieved all year but had a Top 10 roster still. They just finally played to their potential at the right time.

OM fans claiming State got bailed out is even more silly. State literally had to beat the ACC champ in a Super and win two games each against the No. 2 and No. 4 national seeds. It’s not like they had an easy path once the NC State thing happened. Certainly not any easier than OM’s path last year when they won a championship while playing a grand total of one game against a Top 8 seed in the postseason, and none against a Top 5 seed.
Bailed out? State was a national seed the year we won the NC. OM was VERY debatable on if they should have even been in the tournament last year at all.

Reactions: onewoof and Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login