MSU vs ND for the Sweet Sixteen

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Both teams are fouling a lot to start this game. We may have to beat them with our bench. This is gonna be good looks like they play as physical as we do.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Don’t think Carter has a foul. But I cant find any stats. Huge bc she can’t come out. No chance to get a board without her.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Everything seems pretty equal thus far except RB's where ND has a sizeable advantage. Gotta correct that to pull this one off.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Didn't expect to get any benefit of the doubt from the refs, but the guy in particular is either incompetent or is biased as hell. We can't breathe on ND without getting called for a foul, but they are getting away with a ton. Hell, we've got whistled for at least 2 fouls where our ladies didn't even come close to touching them, much less fouling them.

I am so sick of our teams always seeming to get the short-end-of-the-stick from refs.

• Angry
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Didn't expect to get any benefit of the doubt from the refs, but the guy in particular is either incompetent or is biased as hell. We can't breathe on ND without getting called for a foul, but they are getting away with a ton. Hell, we've got whistled for at least 2 fouls where our ladies didn't even come close to touching them, much less fouling them.

I am so sick of our teams always seeming to get the short-end-of-the-stick from refs.
It's called Home Court advantage combined with a Notre Dame mystique. I stayed away from watching this game for that very reason I knew that beating Notre Dame in their own place was a Herculean task.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Obviously Jans helped with game prep by talking to the girls about their shooting.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
It's called Home Court advantage combined with a Notre Dame mystique. I stayed away from watching this game for that very reason I knew that beating Notre Dame in their own place was a Herculean task.
Home court advantage is one thing, but calling a foul on a player who isn't within 3 feet of the ND player is just ridiculous. Calling a foul on Carter when she is literally standing in place with her hands straight up...never moving them down vs a ND player too close to the basket to take a shot, so leans into Carter is BS. Pretty sure Hayes picked up 2 fouls where it was nowhere close to being one is ridiculous.

Did you see one of our gals who got fouled on a reach-in by ND, was instead called for a travel, I believe, and she turned to the ref pointing to her eyes, no doubt telling him to open his eyes.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
The women’s tournament is designed for all the home teams to advance, and 95% of time they do. Plus, with South Carolina looming in the same bracket, not gonna get worked up over this game. They did good to make the tournament and get to this round.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
As badly as we've shot it, it's a gift to be within 8 with 10 to go. If they can find a little something in the 4th it's still doable.

Whatever happens, very proud of and for them.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I am not watching MSU. Anyone I have spent more than a few minutes watching today to cheer on has lost, so is the best thing I can do for us.

Even Kentucky, who I was not cheering for, lost because I was watching them. I just made Jordan Spieth hit it in the water.

ETA- even NASCAR just had a pile up when I switched over to that channel. Wow.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That was a war. Now we know how other teams felt dealing with Teaira.

On the shopping list for Sam is two things Vic's great teams had. A big, physical defender/rebounder in the middle and a high quality true PG.

Another Victoria Vivians wouldn't hurt.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Really proud of the way the girls played this year. I hate it had to end this way. They absolutely proved that they were not a play-in #11 level team. I'm pretty sure we blow them out on a neutral court

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login