Mulkey says she wishes Cardozo had pushed

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Between the two though, I like Staley better. It's not close. And I don't like Staley.
I'm beginning to think to build a top women's b-ball program, your coach has to be a total ***. Ole Miss's coach seems to be cut from the same cloth as Mulkey and Staley.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It’s kind of funny that she said that because if you watch the video, Angel Reese ran in the opposite direction.

Also, every wrestling fan knows that there is a difference between “good” heat and “go away” heat. Dawn Staley has “good” heat. I love to hate her and root against her, but I don’t think women’s basketball is necessarily better off without her. Mulkey has “go away” heat. If she was caught in some shameful scandal and never coached another game of basketball and we never saw her on TV again, I think we’d be a lot better off.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I watched Dawn the entire time , she didn’t try to stop it. She egged it on, even patted the girl on the back afterwards

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
It’s kind of funny that she said that because if you watch the video, Angel Reese ran in the opposite direction.

Also, every wrestling fan knows that there is a difference between “good” heat and “go away” heat. Dawn Staley has “good” heat. I love to hate her and root against her, but I don’t think women’s basketball is necessarily better off without her. Mulkey has “go away” heat. If she was caught in some shameful scandal and never coached another game of basketball and we never saw her on TV again, I think we’d be a lot better off.
I agree with this. Fans "love to hate" winners. A few years ago, it was Geno and UConn. In other sports, its the same.

We love the underdog...up until they become the new dynasty.

Reactions: Dawgg and leeinator

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This can happen when the officials let both teams "play" to the level they did. When you add allowing them to strut and make the WWE-level post-play celebrations both teams were making... eventually, one of them will take exception and feel it is taunting. If you watch the tape you will see this was the catalyst for the first shove. It was inevitable considering the South Carolina and LSU style of play in a charged home SC atmosphere

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Staley last april

"We're not bar fighters. We're not thugs. We're not monkeys. We're not street fighters," Staley said. "I do think that that's sometimes brought into the game, and it hurts."

🤔

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Mulkey's comments remind me of the Miami commentator who lost his job after a brawl:

(link timestamped to controversial comments)

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
link
Mulkey didn’t stop there, however. She also went on the call out Cardoso, who stands 6-foot-7 compared to a 5-foot-10 Johnson, for going after a much smaller player.
“I wish she would have pushed Angel Reese,” Mulkey said. “When you’re (6-7), don’t push somebody that little. That was uncalled for in my opinion. Let those two girls that were jawing, let them go at it.”

Its a dumb comment, but with context, it helps show Mulkey wasnt just randomly wanting players to fight one another or whatever.
It was a bad way to make her point- that the size difference played a part in everything escalating so quickly.

Anyways, since a thread about what someone said hasnt even included the actual quote up to this point, I figured it might be beneficial.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

I’m no fan of Reese but I’m impressed she did that. Either she was being smart so she wouldn’t get ejected or she was scared to get her nails knocked off. 🤷‍♂️

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Its a dumb comment, but with context, it helps show Mulkey wasnt just randomly wanting players to fight one another or whatever.
It was a bad way to make her point- that the size difference played a part in everything escalating so quickly.

Anyways, since a thread about what someone said hasnt even included the actual quote up to this point, I figured it might be beneficial.

context is not required - any highly paid narcissist ***** hoe wearing ghetto trash that condones / encourages fighting amongst a group that is already inherently lacking social norms should be fined and suspended

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
context is not required - any highly paid narcissist ***** hoe wearing ghetto trash that condones / encourages fighting amongst a group that is already inherently lacking social norms should be fined and suspended
I agree that her sense of fashion is not featured on the cover of vogue.

I didn't read her comment as condoning or encouraging fighting. She criticized Cardoso for fighting and added that if Cardoso is going tomohsh someone, she should push someone her own size.
Pick on someone your own size is a well known phrase.

- I don't like Mulkey's antics.
- I don't condone fighting.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I agree that her sense of fashion is not featured on the cover of vogue.

I didn't read her comment as condoning or encouraging fighting. She criticized Cardoso for fighting and added that if Cardoso is going tomohsh someone, she should push someone her own size.
Pick on someone your own size is a well known phrase.

- I don't like Mulkey's antics.
- I don't condone fighting.
if she wasnt trash she would have said coach speak - no fighting - now she has provided the groundwork for a future battle royale. that may have been the point though

Reactions: patdog

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
This post is too candy coated in political correctness. Just state how you feel****************

Reactions: PBDog

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Staley last april

"We're not bar fighters. We're not thugs. We're not monkeys. We're not street fighters," Staley said. "I do think that that's sometimes brought into the game, and it hurts."

🤔
Teams usually assume the identity of their coach.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login