Murray State basketball arena renovation plan looks intriguing…

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I guess some folks have more money than sense. Don't know why anyone would want to go to a live sporting event and watch it as if you're sitting on the couch at home.

Reactions: dorndawg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I guess some folks have more money than sense. Don't know why anyone would want to go to a live sporting event and watch it as if you're sitting on the couch at home.
More folks than we would think.

Don’t forget that they have a basketball tradition and upgraded their program to the Missouri Valley.

It’s not costing Murray State any money which means it’s 100 percent privately funded.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Yeah, why would anybody want the comforts of home at a live sporting event when hard plastic fold out seats and bleachers are right there?***

Reactions: WrightGuy821

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah, why would anybody want to pay thousands of dollars for the comforts of home at a live sporting event when they could pay dozens of dollars for hard plastic fold out seats and bleachers that are right there? Over the course of a 2 hour game period maximum
Fixed that for you. Dick.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Fixed that for you. Dick.
I'm not sure why that makes any difference. Selling the experience and maximizing the amount of revenue a space generates are going to be key for arenas going forward, especially since we live in an age where at any given time, I could turn on an app and watch a Murray State basketball game. If you want to get people out of the house, you've got to entice them. I'm not sure why you have a problem with this or don't understand the concept.

Movie theaters and arenas have been increasingly doing this for years. They've built a movie theater close to me that has full on beds in the theater.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I'm not sure why that makes any difference. Selling the experience and maximizing the amount of revenue a space generates are going to be key for arenas going forward, especially since we live in an age where at any given time, I could turn on an app and watch a Murray State basketball game. If you want to get people out of the house, you've got to entice them. I'm not sure why you have a problem with this or don't understand the concept.

Movie theaters and arenas have been increasingly doing this for years. They've built a movie theater close to me that has full on beds in the theater.
Plus college basketball is to the state of Kentucky what college baseball is to the state of Mississippi.

It’s weird to a lot of folks but intriguing in Kentucky.

I wouldn’t be surprised if other colleges in Kentucky copy it if there’s some success (I’m talking about the mid-majors here— I don’t expect this to be at Rupp or Yum or whatever Louisville’s court is called).

Reactions: Dawgg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

You've obviously never seen the price for a premium seat at a college sports event. It's slightly more than a movie.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Plus college basketball is to the state of Kentucky what college baseball is to the state of Mississippi.

It’s weird to a lot of folks but intriguing in Kentucky.

I wouldn’t be surprised if other colleges in Kentucky copy it if there’s some success (I’m talking about the mid-majors here— I don’t expect this to be at Rupp or Yum or whatever Louisville’s court is called).
I agree. Louisville and Kentucky can potentially sell out Rupp or Yum at any given time. Western Kentucky? Might need a little help, so I could see where selling the fan experience could be a big deal there. I think this is a great idea for a place like Murray State.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You sometimes strike me as the type of person that argues with himself in the mirror about the color of his own eyes.
Well, it's widely whispered (in some 6pack circles) that I could conceivably be........bipolar. How dare them.

But again, did you miss the part where I said some folks have more money than sense? Apparently plenty of people are willing to do this, and my point was that I don't understand that. Seems stupid to me.

But SEC Shorts and Roll Call seem stupid to me too, and apparently that upsets quite a few folks. I'm OK being the oddball.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It isnt something I would enjoy, but its a creative use of space that is otherwise not utilized. If there is demand, then its a huge win for the University since they didnt have to remove any seating or anything like that.
Making something out of nothing.

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login