My 2020 state flag thread is coming to fruition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Just read a story where Minnesota approved a new state flag due to the old ones problematic history depictions. The original post got locked but I posted in 2020 about other state flags that should be questioned if Mississippi's was so heinous. One down about 8 to go.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Just read a story where Minnesota approved a new state flag due to the old ones problematic history depictions. The original post got locked but I posted in 2020 about other state flags that should be questioned if Mississippi's was so heinous. One down about 8 to go.
I’m guessing alabama is currently working on that**

Reactions: knock him out john

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I think any government entity that even embraces the old colors and and traditions of the CSA should have to rethink their entire situation. **

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Any Minnesota flag without a Prince reference is a complete failure.

Purple Rain Movie GIF

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I don't have any idea what states you named, but I often wondered if the hand wringers would put connect the dots between Texas' iconic flag and Bonnie Blue. Would be a fun battle to watch in Austin. They use that flag so much there, but they are also the way they are.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I don't have any idea what states you named, but I often wondered if the hand wringers would put connect the dots between Texas' iconic flag and Bonnie Blue. Would be a fun battle to watch in Austin. They use that flag so much there, but they are also the way they are.
The flag, state outline, and/or lone star are on pretty much everything they have.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I feel the same way about their flags (other states) as I did ours.

Who the 17 cares?

if you are so mentally weak that something on a flag is stopping you from going forward in life, nothing would help you. I could give you $300,000 tax free and it wouldn’t help you. Probably even a million tax free.

Wiping out history is a terrible way to learn from it.

I would venture to say the overwhelming majority of emblems across the world can be tied to something bad.

African countries, European countries, South America, Asia. Get the 17 over and move on with your life.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Serious question. What’s the purpose of a state flag beyond identification when taking military action?

Did we play so much king of the hill that we hand wring over them changing. I don’t care if they decide we won’t have state flags. The state bird doesn’t impact my life in any way nor the flower…

all of this falls into the category of nobody likes a change that they aren’t making. It’s really no deeper than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawgg

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
If I was from Minnesota, I would’ve wanted the flag change because it was fugly. The new design is actually pretty cool and simplistic.

Reactions: AFDawg

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Serious question. What’s the purpose of a state flag beyond identifying when taking military action?

Did we play so much king of the hill that we hand wring over them changing. I don’t care if they decide we won’t have state flags. The state bird doesn’t impact my life in any way nor the flower…

all of this falls into the category of nobody likes a change that they aren’t making. It’s really no deeper than that.
No purpose anymore. Just upsets both types of people that do care. The everyone pay attention to me and cater to my every worry/concern/demand, and the ain't nobody going to tell me what to do.

I do not care. At all. I have way bigger things to worry about....Like do I want pizza and beer at Dave's tonight or smoked wings and beer at two brothers....or just beer.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
No purpose anymore. Just upsets both types of people that do care. The everyone pay attention to me and cater to my every worry/concern/demand, and the ain't nobody going to tell me what to do.

I do not care. At all. I have way bigger things to worry about....Like do I want pizza and beer at Dave's tonight or smoked wings and beer at two brothers....or just beer.
Perhaps if we all just started flying personal flags based on our family crests, we could Rodney King this whole world!

1703080612273.png

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
"The seal depicts a Native American riding off into the sunset while a White settler plows his field with his rifle leaning on a nearby stump," said the Associated Press in September. "The imagery suggests to many that the Indigenous people were defeated and going away, while Whites won and were staying."

Haha, this flag should be objectively bad to everyone. Like remove bias, remove frustration over feeling like you are being subjected to forced change, and just look at the 17ing flag. It's turrble.
It is bad as a basic image and it is bad when the imagery is interpreted. Either way- it's bad.

A state is getting rid of a bad flag and replacing it with a simple and cool flag.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
When are we gonna ban the Mexican flag ? The hamas flag ?? The Chinese flag ?? The somali flag ?? At least the CSA was this country. Now we just let anybody come over and get on the Gov't dole and fly their own flag. All while our quasi retarded tax payers pay the bill
This whole post deserves a wtf gif because it's just a ramble of generalized outrage, but I really hope I am misunderstanding your bolded red claim.

Reactions: Dawgg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
When are we gonna ban the Mexican flag ? The hamas flag ?? The Chinese flag ?? The somali flag ?? At least the CSA was this country. Now we just let anybody come over and get on the Gov't dole and fly their own flag. All while our quasi retarded tax payers pay the bill
The CSA was actually opposed to this country. We've got get coaches out of our history and civics classes ASAP!

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Perhaps if we all just started flying personal flags based on our family crests, we could Rodney King this whole

Better yet. If some people didn’t continually use faux outrage for attention and assigning victimhood for profit, we could do the same.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Haha, this flag should be objectively bad to everyone. Like remove bias, remove frustration over feeling like you are being subjected to forced change, and just look at the 17ing flag. It's turrble.
It is bad as a basic image and it is bad when the imagery is interpreted. Either way- it's bad.

A state is getting rid of a bad flag and replacing it with a simple and cool flag.
What is we used it as a pattern for stained glass in preacher's church? Minus the words of course.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
This whole post deserves a wtf gif because it's just a ramble of generalized outrage, but I really hope I am misunderstanding your bolded red claim.
I'm not sure if you are or are not. You always have such a left leaning northerners take on everything. But I bet you are not misunderstanding it. If you need further explanation I am saying I think flying the hamas flag is worse than flying the stars and bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login