My first Volleyball post......

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I see we are 15-2 in the league with 1 match to play vs cellar dweller AU. Flarda is 14-2 and UK is 15-1 with 2 to play against each other.

If UK wins both they are the outright conference champion. Assuming we win our match, if UK and UF split we will be tied for 1st place with UK. If UF wins both we will be tied with UF for the league championship. Would we win a tie breaker in one of those scenarios?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Wouldn't matter. We'd be co-champions if we win as long as UK doesn't sweep Florida. There's no conference tournament so no tiebreaker, other than maybe for the automatic NCAAT bid, which we'll be in either way.

Rayburn8

Feb 26, 2013
We lost to Kentucky and beat Florida this year if that clears up Tiebreakers for you.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We split with Florida. So, I think the auto bid will go to Kentucky if they split with UF since they beat us; and to Florida if they sweep UK since they split with us but would have a better record against the #3 team (Kentucky). Doesn't matter, we're conference co-champions either way. Tiebreakers are never used by the SEC to determine conference or division champions, only for tournament seeding.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
No tiebreaker.

The absolute best scenario for these girls is for Florida to beat Kentucky on Friday at 1. A win over Auburn would allow them to have a post match celebration as SEC Champions. If Kentucky wins the Friday match, they would have to lose the Saturday match for us to win the SEC.

Projected to be the 2 seed at the Texas subregional playing North Carolina in the first round. That's a tough, tough draw.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
The updated RPI got released and we are up to #22. We SHOULD finally be ranked now but who knows. Let’s hope a final ranking of #20 or so will get us away from the elite teams in the first round.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login