My ole miss friends

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Have started talking to me with pity. They say things like “i’m really not trying to talk ****, but you guys need to get rid of him”. They don’t bring up how well they are doing and rub it in my face. They are doing so well and we are such a train wreck that we aren’t even on their radar for the time being. They honestly feel sorry for me. I am not okay with that. We have become so bad that ole miss fans won’t even expend the energy to dislike us. Not okay.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Just say that you’re kind of hoping the Lane Train will bring <NAME OF HOT COACHING CANDIDATE> to Starkville like Houston Nutt did in ‘08. **

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Maroon please inform us of the correct name. Not sure there is one. Barbay was the end all be all of offensive geniuses we needed to complete this staff right the ship and continue success.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Maroon please inform us of the correct name. Not sure there is one. Barbay was the end all be all of offensive geniuses we needed to complete this staff right the ship and continue success.
Well, he was going to bring the vertical passing game , “Barbays bombs” is the phrase the quislings used.

Reactions: BreckyBratt

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
Have started talking to me with pity. They say things like “i’m really not trying to talk ****, but you guys need to get rid of him”. They don’t bring up how well they are doing and rub it in my face. They are doing so well and we are such a train wreck that we aren’t even on their radar for the time being. They honestly feel sorry for me. I am not okay with that. We have become so bad that ole miss fans won’t even expend the energy to dislike us. Not okay.
Our coach died.

This entire situation isn't due to MSU, it's due to terrible luck.

We'll rebound soon. Just tell OM fans to enjoy our bad luck while they can

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don't understand your title, "ole miss friends"?!

Same here. I have in-laws w/ affiliatations to the University of Northern MS that I have to tolerate but I have nobody else that I have to associate with those same affiliations. The ones that I do know that have said affiliations know much better than to bring that subject up w/ me.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13
Sep 15, 2009
Our coach died.

This entire situation isn't due to MSU, it's due to terrible luck.

We'll rebound soon. Just tell OM fans to enjoy our bad luck while they can
He did die; true. But only State would promote its defensive coordinator to head coach, and let him also give up all defensive coaching duties for himself. So we effectively got rid of our best coach (Arnett as DC), and hired a head coach with ZERO HC experience. That's what we did. We fired our DC, let go of nearly everyone else, and hired a no name HC. It might would have made sense if he kept DC duties.

Aug 11, 2015
We are in the same position they were in with Matt Luke...I guess they can sympathize with us

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
MSU football has brought me down so much that I can't even dedicate the mental energy to hate on OM this year. They have more than an outside shot at Atlanta and I couldn't care less.

Reactions: STATEgrad04

Dawgs_4_life

Jun 12, 2014
I've been getting a lot of yard work done on Saturdays lately. So there is an upside. I guess.

Sigh.........

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Just be patient, all things are cyclical. OM will crash and burn pretty soon just like they always do and we’ll get back to averaging 6.7 games per year.

Reactions: Dawgg

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
MSU football has brought me down so much that I can't even dedicate the mental energy to hate on OM this year. They have more than an outside shot at Atlanta and I couldn't care less.
Wow! That IS baaaaad. Even during Tech and 10 I found hating on OM natural as breathing. I think you need to go see Dr. N. Fitzgerald for some therapy.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Funny. I had a similar thought this weekend: For the first time in a very long time, I watched and thought about the football team with pity. Just feeling bad for the players bc you know they want to do good and win but the coaches just aren't to the level they need to be at this time. Haven't watched with pity since Croom

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I've been getting a lot of yard work done on Saturdays lately. So there is an upside. I guess.

Sigh.........
I changed the heating element in my dryer and did some maintenance on the water heater during the game on Saturday. My wife was incredibly impressed. I didn't say anything about the failed 4th down conversion being the catalyst and just took in the adulation.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
We are in the same position they were in with Matt Luke...I guess they can sympathize with us
Exact thing my neighbor said a week or so back when we were talking.. He said Arnett is y’all’s Matt Luke, to which, I couldn’t argue… It’s funny, he used to get real excited to see me after ole miss wins, now just talks, and shares in my pain…until he turns around and laughs I’m sure!

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
My one Ole Miss friend (who is a shlthead like the rest of them) is telling me that we need to give Arnett time. Did I mention that he's a shlthead?

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
He did die; true. But only State would promote its defensive coordinator to head coach, and let him also give up all defensive coaching duties for himself. So we effectively got rid of our best coach (Arnett as DC), and hired a head coach with ZERO HC experience. That's what we did. We fired our DC, let go of nearly everyone else, and hired a no name HC. It might would have made sense if he kept DC duties.
Tough situation of which there was no blue print. Not worth blaming people for a hind sight 20/20 situation that was this unique. We just need to make sure it doesn't screw up our future

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
When any ole miss fan tries to talk to me, I remind them how evil their students are. Remember that a drunk frat boy murdered a campus police officer to keep from getting a dui.

a university with such skewed values is not fit to discuss anything in society

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Those of y’all who don’t understand the concept of “Ole Miss friends” are very fortunate people.

Most of us aren’t that blessed.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
I'm so over this baseball team, football team, football coaching staff, athletic administration, that I don't care anymore. That's a terrible place to be.

It's given me more time to watch soccer, which makes me happy. I would rather be bitching at the television on Saturdays, or loading up 6 kids to see a competitive game, but I just don't GAF anymore. My yard is finally getting the attention it deserves.

I love you all,
GOJ

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
If Mississippi State University Athletics is a musical style, it’s Sad Country Songs.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login